11. Point Of No Return

"Good afternoon, Atty. Forbes and Atty. Tatlonghari, welcome to Acuatico Beach Resort and Hotel. I hope you're both doing well, please, follow me I'll show you to your rooms."

The two lawyers arrived late afternoon in Batangas after what seemed to be a smooth 2 hour drive. They followed the hotelier which led them to the 2 suites that were reserved for them by the host that invited them for his private event.

"I'm just going to rest up for a bit, Monty. I'll see you in a few hours." sabi ni Karylle ng maihatid sya ni Monty sa suite nya.

"Yes, please do, I'm just next door if you need anything, okay?" pag a-assure ni Monty bago sya nag lean in para makipag beso kay Karylle.

"Thanks Boss." Karylle let him out of her suite at dumiretso sa ref para uminom ng tubig, She carried the glass of water with her papunta sa balcony ng room nya, there she drank her water while inhaling some fresh air.

--

A few hours later, the two decided to dress up a bit to meet the host of the event, nag arrange kasi ito ng private dinner sa mismong outside hall ng hotel. They were a lot of people there, from socialites to business managers to politicians kaya naman Karylle and Monty socialised for a while. After a good hour of mingling, the two decided to sit down sa table nila to rest for a bit.

"I hate events like this." pag-amin ni Monty at nginitian si Karylle na nag agree din, "What is that word that you Filipinos use for it? P-plastic, it's nagpapaka plastic ka lang." he said with his american still in tow.

Karylle laughed, "You should speak Tagalog more often, you're cute when you do."

"Am I not cute when I don't?" Monty flashed a smirk and batted his eyelids at Karylle.

"Stop flirting with me, we're working!" pag suway ni Karylle dito kaya naman tumawa na lang si Monty.

"Look, it's Atty Thomas, let's go say hello."

"He's an arse Karylle, can we not?"

"Come on, Monts." she laughed, "We're here to kissass to these people, let's both go na lang."

Monty sighed heavily bago sundan si Karylle na kunwari excited to socialise with their peers.

In the midst of their conversation ay napalingon si Monty dahil may nakita syang bagong entourage sa likod nung kausap nila.

"Look who's here!" excited na sabi ni Monty at tinuro yung bagong dating na grupo kay Karylle.

"Let's go say hello to our dear President, shall we?"

Karylle faked a smile bago sila nag excuse ni Monty sa kausap nilang mga investors.

"Wait lang Monts, I suddenly don't feel too well, why don't you go and greet them, and I'll go up to my room na."

"W-what? What's wrong, Karylle?" napatigil din naman si Monty at hinawakan sa kamay si Karylle.

"I feel a bit dizzy, that's all."

"Let me walk you to your room then..."

"No, it's fine, really I'll be fi--"

"Atty. Forbes, Atty. Tatlonghari..." the two lawyers both turned their heads ng marining yung pangalan nila being called out.

"Oh... Hello... Mr Crawford right?"

"That's right, Atty. Forbes, right hand man of the President." sabi ni Billy at ngumiti kay Karylle, "I wasn't expecting to see you here, Atty Tatlonghari, how've you been?"

"Nice to see you too Billy, but excuse me I gotta go."

"Atty. Tatlonghari, saan ka pupunta?"

"Mr President." sabi ni Monty at nakipag kamay kay Vice.