5

Friday 25th, December, 2000.

"Merry Christmas!!" Lucas sat in this room listening to everyone laugh and enjoy themselves. Every other child was probably playing with all their toys and enjoying family time but not Lucas. Lucas woke up this morning to everyone else opening gifts but he got none.

What did I do to deserve this? He asked himself for the millionth time. Ever since the incident a few months ago everyone treated him bad. His sister ignored him, his brother practically acted like he doesn't exists and his mom hated him.

He was tired of it all. He jumped upon hearing his phone ring. He looked at the screen seeing Trey's name pop up.

"Hey Trey, Merry Christmas" he faked a smile.

"Wassup Luc. Merry Christmas!!" He yelled excitedly, "what'd you get?"

Lucas paused and sighed, "nothing"

There was a long pause before Trey spoke up, "Can you sneak out? Pack an overnight bag. Me and Forrest gonna come get you. Wait by the stop sign"

Before Luc can respond Trey hung up. Lucas got up and hurriedly packed his bag making sure to put his money and stuff also.

Lucas opened the window and jumped onto the tree branch and climbing down the tree. He decided to not look through the window as his family enjoyed themselves.

When he reached the stop sign Trey and Forrest stood there as promised. Not a word was exchanged as they walked to their house.

That was the best night Lucas had in a long time. He ate and listened to stories with Trey's family. The played video games and watched movies until early the next morning. Lucas finally felt like he was loved and like he was worth something and he was thankful.

"Sir you have a call" Luc's assistant said over the phone.

"Put it through" he told her before hanging up. His phone rung and he picked up.

"Lucas Daniels speaking"

"Luc?" he heard a old lady's voice reply.

"Um yes?" He slowly said.

"This is your mother" she said he voice cracking. Lucas sighed leaning back in his chair.

"Yes? Can I help you?"

"I was wonderin-"

"If it's about money you can get the fuck off my line" he snapped.

"No no no, Lucas it's not like that"

"Then enlighten me. I haven't heard from you or my so called family in years but now you wanna call cause you want something?!!"

"Lucas I just wanted to know if you wanted to join us for Christmas"

"No" he simply replied.

"Lucas please. Your grandparents and the rest of the family from Italy are coming. Please", she pleaded.

"I'll see" and he hung up.

**

Nylah's POV

"Shit" I hissed before dumping the brownies in the sink. I successfully burnt my brownies AGAIN after forgetting it.

I sighed before laying my head on the counter. My phone started ringing and I loudly groaned and picked it up.

"What" I answered without looking at the ID.

"Um hey" Lucas said.

"Shit my bad. I was in the middle of something. What's brackin'?" I giggled.

"What is that? Bracking? Okay never mind but we need to talk"

"Aboouttt?"

"Can you come to my office? Better yet can I come over?"

"Um okay sure. See you then" I hung up and hurriedly got rid of my failed brownies and darted for my bedroom trying to at least look presentable.

20 minutes later my doorbell rang. I turned off the lights in my room and headed for the door.

"Hi" I grinned seeing Lucas. He was sporting a burgundy suit but the jacket was off. His eyes were puffy and red and he had a yellow file in his hands.

"Come in" I gestured.

He sat on the couch and I followed and sat across from him.

"First off are you okay?"

He nodded then sat the file on the coffee table.

"So um before everything I tell you can you promise me something?"

"Yeah" I answered.

"Please don't get mad and please I'm begging hear me out before you go off'

"Okay?"

"Okay. So as you know I founded my company by myself and made it successful all by myself and of course my employees. I had no help from my family except my grandparents gave me connects and so on. Well I haven't talked to my family since I graduated high school and I got a call from my mother saying she wanted me to come home for Christmas. I said no at first but then she said my family from Italy was coming so I knew I had no choice. But now I don't think I can deal with them on my own and my family hates me. But they think I'm lonely and miserable. I want to prove them wrong"

"So what does this have to do with me?" I asked.

"Will you be my fake fiancé?"

___

Wellll then....

It's sounds kinda cliche but wait til you see what I have in store. :)