22 (part 2)

Nylah's POV

I adjusted my dress trying to hide my small bulge as I stepped outside. Looking around I peeped the black van across the street.

"Paparazzi" I said to myself. They showed up everyday then would sit outside my apartment for hours then drive away. I knew it was paparazzi cause pictures of me would appear on gossip websites leaving the building. My driver pulled up and I got in sighing.

"So where are you off to today?" Oliver turned around smiling.

"I'm going to see Lucas" I replied reluctantly. He shook his head and pulled off.

"You know, I'm surprised you're going over there cause i know how stubborn you are" he chuckled.

"It's only for the baby Oliver. I have no other choice. I'm just going to hear his dumb story then give him my appointment dates and that's it"

"Mhm" he made a face at me in the mirror.

**
I contemplated on knocking before turning around to leave.

"Mrs Daniels?" I froze turning around slowly coming face to face with the doctor.

"Hi?"

"You're just in time. Come on in"

I rolled my eyes and went inside looking at Lucas who was asleep.

"I'll give you guys some time alone" he said closing the door. I dropped my purse on the chair and stood by his bed looking down at him. I tapped his face waking him up.

"Man what the fu-", he began but once he saw me his face softened, "you came"

I forced a smile then sat down one of the chairs.

"I'm so sorry Nylah"

I scoffed, "Can you please tell me your bullshit story so I can l-"

"I was being blackmailed" he blurted out cutting me off.

Lucas' POV

"By who?" she questioned. I glanced over at her stomach smiling at the little pudge that was there. She snapped her fingers glaring at me.

"A female reporter from TMZ came to my office with a file that had everything from my past. She told me that in order for that stuff to not get out I would have to sleep with her. I refused at first but she showed me the information in there and you know, I had to"

She stared at me silently before nodding, "And what's in that file?"

"Private st-"

"Lucas what the fuck was in the file?" she demanded.

"Names of people I killed, mugshots, shit me and Trey did in the pas-"

I stopped as I heard her sniffing. I looked over at her staring at me with tears running down her face.

"And you couldn't tell me none of this shit from the jump? You couldn't tell me that if this shit caught up to you and Trey, you guys could be locked the fuck up for years. You murdered people? Mugshots? You've been arrested? Where did she get that information from? Lucas these are things I should know about if I'm involved with you. IT'S CALLED COMMUNICATING LUCAS!!"

"Nylah I-"

"And here I was thinking you didn't want me anymore. Here I was wondering why you haven't been coming home. You telling me you couldn't have that taken care of? You were so damn scared that you couldn't make one phonecall and have that bitch and whoever she's associated with wiped out without a trace? You don't even understand how much power you have and that shit blows me. That's fuckin-"

"Nylah please shut up" I said calmly.

"Oh" she said softly and got up grabbing her bag,

"Baby wait please just listen to what I have to say"

"You said enough"

"Bab-"

I was cut off by her phone ringing. She mumbled an excuse me and took her phone out answering.

"Hello?"

"Yes"

"I'm-" she paused and looked up at me, "I'm busy right now"

"Okay and I said I'm busy. Give me like an hour okay"

"Alright bye"

She hung up and I heard her sigh running a hand down her face.

"Who was that on the phone?"

"How are you feeling?" she asked me ignoring my question.

"I'm good just a little back pain. Doctor said I need a live in nurse for a few months so you would have to go home and pac-"

"Excuse me?"

"The doc-"

"I'm not moving in" she stated.

"Why not?"

"Um you cheated on me, lied to me, di-"

"Nylah seriously?"

She chuckled before standing up, "Just cause you injured doesn't mean I'll feel sorry for you and just let what you did slide. I refuse to see your damn face everyday after what you did to me" her voice started cracking. I swear I hated myself for this.

"I'm sorry Nylah. I'm so sorry"

"Lucas I understand why you did it-"

"No you don't mama"

"Then make me understand"

"I can't"

"And why not?"

"Cause you'll hate me"

"I could never hate you Lucas"

"If I tell you what I did you might leave"

There was a long pause before she sat back down.

"What did you do?"

She stared at me as I silently tried to figure out how I was going to break it to her that I killed my family. Thoughts constantly consumed me since I've been up. Endless questions. How could I? What if this shit really caught up to me and I lost everything? What if Nylah left taking my child with her when she found out? Would Ken be mad that I also put Trey in a position that can ruin his life if the shit we've done caught up to us? Honestly I'm scared.

I'm fucking scared.