15

Nylah's POV

"Baby please talk to me" I pleaded as Lucas sat in the car, tears falling from his eyes. He looked out the window silently.

"Can we just sit here til my grandparents get here"

"Sure. Remember if you wanna ta-"

"I rather not. Please let's not do this right now"

"Okay" I replied.

We sat I silence until a sleek black car pulled up. It pulled up to the curb and a tall buff man exited and opened the door. An old man came out and a lady followed. The way they were dressed screamed money.

"That's my grandparents" Lucas told me.

"They look great" I said as we watched their movements.

"That's what money does"

"When was the last time you talked to them?"

"Graduation from college"

"Oh. Why do you think they wanted you here?"

"I think that it's about money or my parents are putting up a front. They want us look like a perfect family because my grandparents are some very....particular people. You'll see for yourself"

"Okay"

He opened the door and got out and came around to my side and opened the door.

"Whatever you do, just don't say anything. I'll handle whatever goes down okay."

"You're stupid if you think I'll let them attack you"

"Babe don't worr-"

"Don't start. Come on let's go inside"

I got out and grabbed his hand closing the door and pulling him towards the front door.

I opened the door and headed inside.

"Lucas??! Oh my god it's really you" his grandmother ran and hugged him.

"Hey grandma" he smiled and hugged her back.

"What took you so fucking long to come see me?!" she exclaimed. My eyes widened in shock and Lucas laughed.

"I've been busy"

"I've noticed. And who's this lovely gal?"

Lucas pulled me closer and kissed my forehead.

"This here is my beautiful fiancé. Nylah Stone. Nylah meet my grandm-"

"Dana Gardner"

I smiled at the woman before Lucas' dad came up behind here smiling.

"Lunch is ready"

**

Lunch was very awkward to say the least. I was introduced to Lucas' grandfather who was a very nice man with a heavy Italian accent. After food was served, me and Lucas decided it was best to not eat the food. So we just stared at our plates til his mother spoke up.

"Lucas why aren't you eating?"

"We ate on the way here" I replied lying.

"I didn't ask you"

"Does it matter?"

"I won't tolerate you disrespecting me in my house" she said. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"You're talking about respect? You don't deserve any type of respect from me"

"What is all this about?" His grandfather interrupted, "And Lucas I've heard that you haven't visited the family in years. What's up with that?"