Chapter 1: Percy POV

You don't understand the true meaning of having a label put on you until it actually happens, physically. The gods decided that demigods and monsters have been a secret for far too long so they took away the mist. (Without telling us of course because that's just what they do) A lot of campers went to Goode High School because it was one of the closest to camp, we were in school when it happened. Chiron bursted in to Greek Mythology class in full horse form, everyone in the class gasped. "Is he half horse?" Someone whispered. "That can't be real" another one said. "look they're glowing!" someone shouted and everyone started backing away from me and Annabeth. I WAS glowing, why? I looked over at Annabeth and she was just as surprised as I was. I was so confused, why could they see Chiron's horse half? Why was I glowing blue? Then it hit me, I looked back over at Annabeth wide eyed. We both knew something was wrong, so we stood up and ran out the door to follow Chiron. "Demigods, the gods have taken the mist away, mortals can see monsters and your powers now. We need to leave!" He yelled at us from down the hallway. "Use you powers keep them away!" Keep who away? Were we being followed? Other half-bloods came running out of their class rooms, Jason and Piper caught up to me and Annabeth. "Mrs. Stenson had the news going in math" Jason yelled. "The government is coming for us! They think we're too powerful, that we will try and take over the world or something like that." "Demigods have been on the Earth for thousands of years and that's never happened. They really think we will try now!" Piper responded. "Do they know how many times I've saved their sorry little buts from getting run over by monsters!" I shouted. Soon we were outside but outside didn't look any better than the inside. The while school was surrounded with helicopters and police vans, "surrender now!" Shouted one of the men up in the helicopter. "The camp boarders are still up!" Chiron said "use your powers to get back there! Its our safest place!" Those were three words I never thought would come out of Chiron's mouth, 'use your powers'. He was always so against us using pour powers in public, especially on mortals, but I guess now we didn't really have a choice. If we didn't fight back who knows what would happen. We all broke into action, fountains exploded around me giving a few by standers a bath. Lightening exploded from the sky, vines wound up and around the police cars. Hecate campers grabbed fellow demigods and teleported back to camp, we had broke out in a full on war. I didn't think we would win this one so easily.