Chapter 9

Leo POV

Lets just say no one got any sleep last night or the night before or the night before that. Basically this whole week everyone has been walking around sleep-deprived zombies. All hours of the night we all have been trying to figure out a way around this label stuff. A way to get out of this living nightmare, but the truth is we can't our hands are tied. The army thought this one through and thats not even the worst part. General Bradshaw woke us all up bright and early to tell us we are going back to school! Yay! No. Do you know what the kids whom (IRL: wow wow whom, i need to stop spending so much time in LA) are not demigods? We will be the laughing stock of the whole school, not much of a change for me but the other guys.
*skip to first day back at school*
We walk into the school slowly, no one wants to be here. We walk in and instantly all eyes turn to us, the last image the school saw of demigods was we were about to blow up the school so I can't blame them for staring. Plus we're all wearing gray and black with our godly parent signs on our clothes so I guess that can attract "some" attention. "Ready for this?" Jason whispers loud enough for all of us to hear. "No" I answer "One hour at a time guys, if we can survive one day with out anything happening maybe we can show the army we are the good guys" Jason said. Of course the day went in the exact opposite direction. We get half way down the hall when it all starts, Percy's swim coach was approaching us furiously "Oh hey coach, practice still on for today?" Percy asked
"Yes, just not for you" his Coach replies
"I don't understand"
"Understand this Son of Poseidon, I'm kicking you off of the team"
"What why"
"Because your the son of the sea god and that kind of cheating when you can control the water. And frankly I just don't have a soft spot for demigods" Percy stands there stunned as the coach pushes passed our whole group. "I- that just happened. Annabeth tell me that didn't just happen" he pleads. "I'm so sorry Perc, I know how much you loved that team" Annabeth said. The first bell rings and everyone brakes to go to their first class. Percy is still standing in the hallway stunned, honestly I don't blame him either. Having your personality ripped from you just because of what you are and then having the thing love taken from you too, hard life man. "Come on Percy we have to go" Annabeth said nudging him forward. "Yeah Jackson listen to your girlfriend" someone yells from behind us. We all turn our heads to see the person we all wanted to see least. Aaron Nelson, star quarterback of the football team. Biggest jerk in school. "I don't want any trouble Nelson" Percy spits back. "Too bad you so called Demigod, because your gonna get it" and within seconds he was on Percy and had him pinned up against the lockers. Percy was fumming, his face was bright red. The drinking fountain a few yards away started to shake, instantly 5 security cameras turned all facing in Percy's direction. "Haha, can't do that" Aaron laughed. The drinking fountains stopped shaking, if they were to explode bad things would happen. General Bradshaw made sure that we knew all of the rules and consequences if we broke the rules. and rule number one was no powers. Our Saving grace walked around the corner, Mrs. Stenson our math teacher "What are you kids doing? Get to class!" she yelled down the hall before walking away. "Saved by a teacher this time Jackson" Aaron said before slamming a locker on Percy's broken fingers and kicking him in the knee. Percy slid down the lockers in pain, "Percy, are you okay?" Annabeth cries rushing over to him. "Kind of, not really" he answers his voice cracking at the end. Will, who was standing next to Jason, bends down and takes Percy's broken fingers. "Well definitely a lot worse brake now or brakes now and knee caps bruised" Will said. Percy sighs can hits his head back against the lockers "Great just great, kicked off the swim team, broken bones, bruises all 15 minutes into school. I'm liking camp more and more." "Come on guys" Annabeth said helping Percy off the ground "First period started 5 minutes ago." Ugh, another day of torture, another day of being the odd ball out, another day of bullies. This is going to be one heck of a ride.