Chapter 5

Jason POV~

The general stepped forward form his huge group soliders, from what I could make out his name was General Bradshaw. It was stitched in black block lettering onto his green and brown camouflage uniform. "Afternoon teens or demigods, I see we have a complication with your super natural powers and the safety of this here United Nation. We would like to speak with all of you and what to do with all of you but first I would like to speak with your commander, the one that runs this camp" General Bradshaw finished waiting to see what we would do. Chiron stepped forward "I am the person whom is in charge of this camp." The general looked very surprised that Chiron was a centaur but still made his way over to where he was standing. It was kind of funny seeing General Bradshaw stand next to Chiron, I mean the solider was pretty tall about 6'2 but Chiron was 9 feet tall making General Bradshaw look like an ant.

The two talked in hushed tones for several minutes, the rest of the half-bloods, who were all still huddled in the corner, gave each other worried glances. We all still didn't know what the army wanted to do with us. When Chiron and General Bradshaw finished talking, Chiron had a sickening look on his face. I really wanted to know what was said in that conversation to make Chiron look uneasy, he never showed doubt or fear ,I guess you could called it, to any of the campers. Whatever the news was it couldn't have been good, I can tell you that much. "Half-bloods, Satyers, please have a seat on the arena bleachers, Mr. Bradshaw would like to speak with you all" Chiron said his voice cracking at the end. General Bradshaw made a gesture with his arm to the 50 men and woman standing above us, they flanked out around the sword arena in the circle boxing us in. I knew this formation from legion training at Camp Jupiter, the army was making sure that we couldn't escape in anyway, they were fully prepared to fire on us in case we got out of hand. And even with 120 demigods in one place at once, I think this army had a chance on taking us all out. We all carried either daggers, swords, or spears, the army had M-60's and Rifles. Defiantly better weapons for long distances, just like the old saying.....don't bring a knife to a gun fight, and that was basically all we had.

Once General Bradshaw's army was settled around us, he started talking "I'm afraid to inform you all that like I said earlier your powers and the United States Government have some conflicts, mainly on your part. You see, we can't have over 500 of your kind in the U.S. running around freely with the kind of super powers you all contain in one way or another. The government has known about the super natural power kind for quite some time now, how else would you explain time slowing down, hotels being trashed, department stores being raided of their root beer supply, reports of a giant ship flying in the sky, and horses being a drift in the sky. Some sort of magic would have to take place for all of this to happen, that is why the government wasn't surprised at all to find out about demigods. We have already found and located a camp just like this on over in California." Reyna I thought to myself, I wonder if she knew the army was coming. I looked over at Frank, who looked like he was about to throw up. I already knew what he was thinking because I was thinking the same thing. I should be there and Frank should too, especially with him being the preater. I couldn't continue my thought much longer because General Bradshaw apparently was still talking. "what I'm trying to say here is the demigod kind is too powerful and since we can't lock up all of you t once we have come up with a solution. You all will wear the sign of his/her godly parent. All of your shirts will consist of various styles and shades of grey, so it won't look like you are wearing the same shirt everyday. But all of the shirts you will ever wear will be grey and I know that you all are faintly glowing at the moment but there is no judging if that will fade away, so incase it does you all will still be wearing a certain sign." A gasp cam up from everyone in the arena, we were really about to  have a label physically put on us. By the look on Percy's face I could tell he was about 2 seconds away from jumping up and fighting the guy, but Annabeth saw his face too and quickly moved onto his lap so he couldn't get up and protest. General Bradshaw continued "we have some supplies with colored shirts and signs stitched onto them coming soon and then we will g0 from there." The general was finally finished and for the first time today I was speechless. This was really going to happen and there was no way to stop it.