Chapter 4

Piper POV~

Just when I thought the day couldn't get any worse, it did. The Camp Half-Blood barrier finally broke. Without the mist helping it stay up the golden fleece wouldn't hold it up on its own. We all had known that it would brake sooner or later but none of us expected it to happen this fast. Then again we weren't expecting any of this to happen so fast either. All of the campers sat in silence, we had no idea what to do, we couldn't fight the mortals and we didn't have enough time to escape. The sword arena was on the other side of camp so we had a little bit of time before the army made it over to us. "Annabeth!" Leo shouted "put on your glasses and swipe the air in front of you twicee. How long until they find us?" Annabeth followed his instructions and by the expression on her face was amazed by what she saw, "a-about 5 and 1/2 minutes, but Leo computers attract monsters. I can-" she started to say but Leo cut her off. "I had this chip that cuts the connection, you'll be fine." Annabeth sighed in relief, "Everyone get behind us!" she shouted at the crowd. "Whatever they want, they'll have to go threw us first!" Campers sprinted to the very back of the arena, squishing together to hind themselves as much as possible. "2 minutes!" Annabeth yelled :no one draw weapons, the less they find on you the better!" My heart was beating out of my chest, questions swarmed around in my head. What did they want with us? Demigods have been around for thousands of years, why would they think we would want to take over the world now? If anything we have stopped other people from wanting to take over the world. I saw something move from the corner of my eye, I whipped head around but nothing was there. Maybe it was a bird, but there it was again. This time I saw what it was, one of the army scouts was spying on us. Probably making sure we weren't dressed to fight and totally wipe out their army. Seconds later I heard the sound of 50 men marching toward us, some hushed whispering was coming from behind us. "alright it's now or never, when they come everyone stay put and let us do the talking" Percy said. "psh, like anyone is going to listen you, Jackson" Clarisse hisses from the back. "oh shut up Clarisse!" Percy snapped back. "Are you really going to make me come over there" Annabeth angrily whispers. "Stay out of this, Chase!" Clarisse says back. I literally had to hold Annabeth back from stabbing Clarisse, I think the only thing that stopped the fight was that the approaching army was now right in front of us. Everyone got quiet and what I assumed was the general stepped forward., like anyone is going to listen you, Jackson" Clarisse hisses from the back. "oh shut up Clarisse!" Percy snapped back. "Are you really going to make me come over there" Annabeth angrily whispers. "Stay out of this, Chase!" Clarisse says back. I literally had to hold Annabeth back from stabbing Clarisse, I think the only thing that stopped the fight was that the approaching army was now right in front of us. Everyone got quiet and what I assumed was the general stepped forward.