Chapter 3

Annabeth POV~

The mortals followed us all the way to the boarders of camp. I almost feel off of Blackjack multiple times, thanks to Percy and his awesome riding skills (note the sarcasm). Thank gosh the magical shields were still up around camp, for now, or else we would be in serious trouble. The helicopters we gaining on us, we were 10 yards away from camp, then 9, then 8. They were 6 feet away from us now, then 5, but we were still 4 yards away from the boarders, "Percy come on! if we don't pass the force field in about 6 seconds we're toasted!" I screamed over the wind. "Blackjack tell your friends what Annabeth just said" Percy yelled not bothering to talk inside of his head. There was 2 seconds left and we still had 2 yards to go, the helicopters were within arms length now. I don't know why the mortals hadn't shot us down yet, I mean if they wanted to stop us so badly. "Alright, last pull! Hold on everyone!" Percy yelled to everyone who could hear him. I don't know what Percy told the pegisi but all of a sudden they all folded in their wings and we went faced first hurdling towards the Earth. We were now inches from the ground and at the last second the pegisi spread out their wings and we went speeding into camp. I guessed the mortals didn't know of the force field, and boy was I right. Five helicopters crashed into the boarder and were shot back 20 feet because of the rebound. I really hoped no one got hurt but I was worth getting into camp safely, this all happened in a matter of minutes, but to me it was like the the whole world was spinning in jello. Making 30 seconds seem like 30 minutes. As soon as we landed, everyone hopped off their Pegasus and ran towards the crowd huddled together in the sword arena. "Everybody please sit down!" Chiron tried yelling over the noise. "HEY!!!!!" Clarisse shouted, that shut everyone up real fast. "Thank you Clarisse" Chiron said patting her on the back. Percy and I turned to go and sit down, "Percy, Annabeth stay up here" Chiron said "You two will need to lead the meeting not me, the demigods will trust the plan better if it comes from you two." "But Chiro-" I started "Annabeth trust me, just explain our plan." Of course we had a plan, we made one a long time ago at a cabin councilors meeting. We made it incase mortals found out about us some how, but the plan wasn't altered to happen fast, it was supposed to happen within a three days span, allowing us to escape unseen. But we didn't have three days, we were lucky to have three minutes before the shield went away. Also the plan defiantly wasn't expected to go down this fast, I wasn't even sure if we had everything ready yet. "Okay, lets do this" I said to Percy turning to face the crowd of about 120 demigods, old and new. "Alright guys!" Percy said trying to sound enthusiastic, "Uh, for those of you who don't know me, My name is Percy Jackson and this is Annabeth Chase-" "We know your stupid names! Just tell explain the stupid plan already!" someone yelled from the crowd. "Well you just met Clarisse, and this is what we are going to do next." Percy finished pointing to me. I explained what was happening and how we are going to fix it, the procedure was simple. Since we couldn't nessiarily escape anymore we would only have time to hand out the weapons. "Leo, you have the weapons ready?" Percy yelled, "oh ha ha, bout that.......um they aren't all exactly ready" he said. Nyssa stood up from the stands, "and by ready he means, seven, seven of them are ready." My mouth dropped open "LEO! It took three months to make seven weapons?!?" I screamed at him. "No it took about a week but you know I may or may not have started about a week ago" This time it was Piper's turn to yell, "LEO! What are we going to do with Seven things to fight with? once the army gets in they will strip us of any remotely shard objects they find!" All of the demigods sat staring at us bicker back an forth, but Piper was right 7 and 120 weren't exactly the same number. "Okay everyone sorry for the disruption, but as you know we don't have enough weapons for all of you. We can only give seven away to the demigods that will be most affected, in other words the most powerful. We can take a vo-" the sea of demigods parted around six figures, Jason, Piper, Leo, Nico, Hazel, and Frank. There were also a number of hands pointing down to wear me and Percy were standing, "Looks like they made their choice" Chiron said from behind us. Leo stood up and ran to his cabin, he returned with arms full of stuff and continued to pass them out to us. Hazel got a hairband, Frank dog chain, Piper Lipstick, Jason a coin, Nico a ring, Me a pair of glasses, and for himself flip phone (Percy already has ripetide). Before I could ask how to use these the most terrifying thing happened. The mortal barrier broke.