Chapter 13

Percy POV

It's funny to think that demigods get any kind of sleep regularly with the terrible nightmares and you know the constant fear of being killed by something tends to keep you up at night but all of those sleepless night put together were nothing compared to last night. Lets see if you count up all of the minutes of sleep I got between Annabeth waking me up to give me a possible reasons on why no one has seen Grover or Chiron and Jason and Thalia yelling a each other over something stupid it was about 45 minutes (Annabeth likes to talk and Thalia enjoys yelling). I gave up on sleep around 4 and went to go sit with Annabeth at her makeshift work bench in the back of my cabin, she needed a "quiet" place to work in other words someone that won't kick her out when she wakes you up to talk to you about who knows what, so I let her room with me....and Jason...and Thalia. Believe it or not but Jason and Thalia love to fight, having to same godly parent causes enough fights but being related by blood, its even worse then normal sibling fights. So they are rooming with me to try and keep them from killing each other (I really wasn't doing anything). Anyway I hobble over to were Annabeth is sitting, Will made me wear a bulk knee brace thank you Aaron the jerk. "Hey" I say as I sit down next to her. She looks over at me and smiles, gosh even at 4 in the morning she is still the most beautiful person I've ever seen. "Why are looking at me like that?" Annabeth laughs "do I have something on my face?
"No, you just look like you just went through Tartarus and back"
"Well you look like Hades...but you look like that daily, so no change here"
"Ohhh, shots fired" Thalia said from her bunk bed.
"Shut up Grace" I smirked
"uh their are 2 Grace's in this room" Jason said from the other side of the room.
"Yeah I know, like I said Shut up Grace"
"Ohhh, Shots fired" Annabeth laughed mimicking Thalia's comment.
I turned to her and smiled at her once more "You know how much I love you"
"You better love me or else I wasted all of those kisses"
I leaned down and kissed her, "Ew get a room!" Malcolm, Annabeth's half brother, said bursting through my cabin door.
"Okay 1) this is my room that all of you are rudely occupying and 2) what do you want at 4:30 in the morning Malcolm?" I asked slightly annoyed.
"Well Mr. Grouchy Pants, maybe i just won't tell-"
"Malcolm just tell us what you want!" Annabeth interupted
"Fine. I think I may have found Grover, Chiron and the rest of the nymphs and naiads"
"Go on" I push
"I'm getting there. Have tried Iris Messaging anyone yet?" Malcolm asked.
"General whats-his-face took all the drachmas"
"Not all" Thalia said jingling a bag full of godly coins
"I have never loved you more" Annabeth said taking the bag.
"really I thought you hated me" Thalia teased
"shh" Annabeth said throwing 3 drachmas into my fountain. Grover's sweaty pale face popped up, "Perrrcy! I need your help! Now!" He bleats.
"Grover where are you?" I asked
"Some underground jail, General Bradshaw said that there was no way to contain the mythical creatures so he threw us in jail"
"That filthy lair! He said no one was going to be put in jail!" Annabeth yells.
"Thats not even the worst part. It-its Juniper, she-shes dying" Grover moved out of the way to show Juniper clinging to a tiny branch laying on the ground. "They only let the nymphs take one branch from their life source tree, and Juniper's Branch is dying-" Grover didn't get to finish his sentance before a bullet whooshed passed my ear grazing my cheek and cutting the connection with Grover, leaving a pen sized hole in the wall. "Still not wanting to obey my rules Jackson?" A familiar voice said from behind me. I turned on my heels to see General Bradshaw and 5 of his men standing in the doorway.