Found | part 1

Matt had a way of making you feel important, unlike almost everyone else in your life. School was kicking you in the butt, your friends seemed to break off and become distant, and you just felt physically and emotionally drained. Nothing made you as happy as you use to be, nothing was the same. So the day you found Matt, well, the day he found you, happened at just the right time.

You had often found yourself walking down to the small park that wasn't too far from your neighborhood. There was a hiking trail that many people took, but nobody knew of the branch-off. There was no pavement, just rocks and dirt, but if you followed that path just enough, there was a clearing in the middle of the trees. A small, old bench was placed under a large tree, right in front of a medium sized pond. Rocks were placed around the pond, some small fish living in it. Nobody ever really knew about it; you had found it when you were little, on accident, but it soon became your safe haven. You had planted a couple of flowers by the pond and took care of the small little area, just like it helped take care of you. You had a small little box placed under the bench with a couple of books, a blanket, and a coloring book and coloring pencils. Coloring was a way of stress relief, even though it was pegged as a "kids activity." It helped.

There was this one day where you could tell from the minute you woke up, that would be completely and absolutely horrible. And you were right- a failed test, a scraped up elbow, and being ignored by your friends when you tried talking to them was just the beginning. You had dropped your lunch tray, and too embarrassed to get a new one, suffered the rest of the day being hungry. You were still hungry, seeing as the dollar you tried to put in the vending machine ripped as it started going in. You left the school, begging yourself not to let a tear drip. Once you reached your bench, you tossed your backpack on the side of the bench. You lied down on the small wooden seat, letting tears pour. Your ears were filled with the sounds of "Purpose" gliding into the air from your iPod.

The music filled your ears, each beat captivating you, pulling you in, so you didn't hear the rustling of the leaves as a Frisbee flew through. Nor did you hear a boy's voice yelling for a dog.

Your senses awakened to something wet touching your cheeks, other than your tears. You opened your eyes to see a dog, sniffing your face. His wet nose tickled, making you let out a soft chuckle. He was a bigger dog, brown and white, and very sweet. He licked the tears off your face. He jumped up on the very small bench with your, however, even with barely any room left, he still made it work.

His ears perked up when he heard something, eyes flickering to the boy coming from the trail. "Burnie! There you are, boy! I've been..." The boy's brown eyes traveled up to meet yours. He was gorgeous. Fluffy brown hair pushed to the side, a couple of freckles dotting along his face, and cute rosy cheeks, from the cold air nipping at his face. He cracked a smile, but shook it away as he looked at your state.

"Are you okay?" He asked genuinely.

"No," I smiled, "But I think I will be soon."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part two soon? Let me know what you think :)

PART TWO IS UP!