comatose

Be john ====>

Everything is so strange. Another week goes by just like that. Dave would visit often, but only at night when they could sneak him out. You found yourself drawn to this new him and not the cold hard outer shell. They seemed to ignore you more and more though... " dave!" You smiled as you got out of the chair in the corner . He didn't look at you, just walked over to the empty bed again with Karkat following behind him. The both looked upset. "this is your fault". Dave said out of nowhere. Karkat snapped his head at him. "HOW THE FUCK IS IT? ITS YOUR FAULT HE WAS ON THE FUCKING MEDICINE IN THE FIRST PLACE." Karkat yelled at him. " WELL IF YOU DIDN'T GET THE WRONG ONE". Dave yelled back. This was making you upset. " um...guys... calm down please!" you said shyly. They ignore you. "WELL IM FUCKING SORRY I DONT HAVE A MEDICAL DEGREE" Karkat screamed. "IM GOING TO BEAT YOU SO FUCKING BAD YOUR GONNA NEED ONE" Dave yelled back. You were getting really worked up and the lights flickered some "stop it!" You said louder. "OH YOU WANNA GO NOOK SNIFFER? WANNA FUCKING GO" Karkat said, walking up to him and grabbing him by his shirt. "YEAH THE HELL I DO" Dave yelled, grabbing Karkat's uniform. You couldn't take it anymore . You run up and push them both from one another "STOP IT NOW" you screamed. Dave and Karkat were sent stumbling backwards, looking surprised. You huffed, trying to calm down but you feel so exhausted for some reason. Karkat just looks around the room . his eyes glance at yours before moving again. "no im sorry? No apologies? " you ask angrily. They just get up and walk out of of the room. "....what the FUCK IS GOING ON" you screamed loudly. They didn't come back the next day. You just sat in the room alone. You couldn't leave for some reason so you just sat and messed with things. Your boredom was finally broken when Karkat walked in. "Karkat...! You okay?" You asked, walking over. He ignored you again. Was he mad? " im sorry for pushing you..." you said, hoping for an answer. Of course, you didn't get one. Then a lady walks in behind Karkat and nods at him. She looks directly at you then the bed. "mr. Karkat, please wait outside" she said calmly. He nods and leaves. " my name is not important but you are" she said walking to you. " finally! someone who doesn't ignore me". You said smiling. " they dont ignore you dear ...they cant see or hear you.." she said softly. "...what..." you said shocked. " you're in a coma; on the verge of life and death....you're not too far gone, meaning you still have a connection with your body. Do you have trouble leaving the room or going too far from this room?" She said. You looked at her like she was crazy. " ya i do but im not in a coma im right here.?" You said, confused to hell. She pointed to the bed. "What do you see?". You paused at her words and look over. " i see nothing". You said worried "you haven't accepted it yet.... dont you find it strange that your friends talk about like you're not there? Why they don't answer you . Its because they cant see you." She said coldly. You shake your head " no...no... you're lying" you stumble back. " do you feel this" she went over to the bed and looked like she picked something up. She took a needle out and stabbed it into the air. You jolt and hold your arm feeling the pain of a needle. " ya what does that got to......" you snapped at her but it clicks in your head everything added up. It made more and more sense. You were filled with fear as you glance up and see your own body laying on the bed; asleep and hooked up to different machines. You cover you mouth looking shocked as your knees went weak. " now do you see what i mean boy? You are between the rift. Not dead but not alive... You can see and hear but not be seen or heard. Your body has a strong grasp on your spirit. It wont let go. But everyday you spent out of it trapped in this state it gets weaker. You wont have much time. Boy, you have two simple options; either die and move on or find your way of waking up" she said coldly. " you have a week left before they pull the plug and if your body fails; you're stuck like that" she added and walked to the door and left you on the floor shaking.

~ earlier be karkat===> ~

"IM FUCKING SERIOUS IM GETTING A PSYCHIC! " you said to your little group. Dave just looks at you " waste of time... she wont find anything; just make shit up and take your cash". You growl at what dave said "SHE IS A FAMILY FRIEND SHE WONT MAKE ME PAY SHES JUST A BITCH AT TIMES". You said to the non believing group. "Karkat you can do what you want if it makes you feel better" jake said still upset about it all. You gave a determined look "I FUCKING WILL".