Chapter 6.1: Xavier's Point of View

"Danielle" I call as I enter to our room, she looks at me "We need to talk about it" I say "You know this weekend the hotel has the employee costume party, I was wondering if you would like to go with me" she says, evading the subject "Yes, I'll go with you, but stop changing the subject, let's talk about your father" I say and she sighs "Danielle, he just wants to talk" I say "But I don't want to talk, I am not ready to talk, I haven't reach that level of forgiveness" she says  "You promised" I say and she rolls her eyes "Cornelius married my mother, because the love of his live just ran away with his 3rd year old daughter when Mom was pregnant with me, he always insulting us, he never had anything good to say about us, and one day, he came home with the divorce papers, his love was back, and he wanted to be with her, so he dumped us, and left with them, end of story" she says "He is your dad" I say "A man to who thinks I am as useless as my mother is" she says, anger very clear in her tone "Listen to what he has to say" I order "No" she says as  she heads out of the bedroom "Danielle" I call "What?" she answers back "He is your father" I say "Why are you so pro-Cornelius?" she asks "Because today you have them, tomorrow you might not" I say, she sighs, fights internally, and closes her eyes "Fine, if it will make you happy, I'll listen to the old guy" she says *Ding-Dong* "Good, cause he is here" I say as I head to the door "What? Xavier..." she starts to say, but too late, I open the door.

>>"Denise, Dannie, Cornelius, come in, we were expecting you" I say as I hold the door open for them "Thank you, Xavier, I own you a lot" Cornelius says "Do not mention it, please take a seat" I say as I close the door, I look at Danielle, she crosses her arms "Honey" I call and extend my hand to her *Sigh* she is hating me so much for making her do this, but she takes my hand, and I walk her to the only two empty seats, facing Cornelius and his family.

"Danielle, thank you for..." "To the point" she says cutting him off in mid sentence "You promised" I gently remind her "I said I was going to listen, not that I was going to be nice" she says, I sigh as I look at Cornelius apologetically "Do not worry Xavier, Danielle, you have a very wrong picture about me, I would like to get to know my side of the story" he says and she laughs "I want you to tell me something about me, besides my full name" she adds "You and I have the same birth date" he answers and she laughs even harder "Yep, I have the right picture about you" she says and he sighs "Danielle, what your father..." "Stay out of it" Danielle says to Denise "Dad is doing his best to fix things with you, why are you so stubborn?" Dannie asks and Danielle looks at her "How many of your birthdays did he missed? How many of your Christmas he missed? Thanksgivings? How many times he has forgotten to pick you up from school on purpose?" she looks at Danielle "Did that answered your question?" she asks back and she looks at her father, then looks down "I do not have a wrong picture about you, I have the picture you built" Danielle says "And you don't know how much I regret it" he says "Yet you didn't do anything to fix it, you just kept your damn distance, so why, tell me why now? Because I am with Xavier, because now I am worthy of  you" she says.

"Danielle, you are hurt, I get that, but..." "What are you going to do about it? Are you going to prove me wrong, prove me that the image I've of you is wrong or are you going to keep excusing yourself?" Danielle asks "I want to build a father-daughter relationship with you, I want us to leave what happened in the past, move on, and become father and daughter" Cornelius answers "Before I allow you to enter my world, I need to know why, why the sudden change of heart?" Danielle asks "Does a father need a reason to fix amends with his daughter?" Cornelius asks back, Danielle sighs as she stands "You are lying, but just because us been in good terms makes Xavier happy, I'll try to accept you in my life" Danielle says and I roll my eyes to the heavens "Now, get out" Danielle says and I look at her.

"Danielle..." "Is okay, Xavier, we have to get going, again, thanks for helping me" Cornelius says cutting me off, I sigh "You welcome, glad I could somehow help" I say as we shake hands "Your so nice, too bad you have such a girlfriend" Dannie says and I see Danielle starting rolling her eyes, but she stops, frowns for a second, and then smiles, she is up to something.

"Danielle is not as mean as she seems,  she doesn't trust in everybody, that's all, but once you get to know her, you will see she is a gentle giant, right love" I say as I look at Danielle "I wouldn't bet on you and I becoming friends, Dannie, but since we are sisters, I guess I could give it a try, but I don't promise anything" she says and I tip my head aside "What?" Danielle asks, I give her the "You know what" look "Good bye, Cornelius" Danielle says as she heads to our room.

"Xavier, once again, thanks for everything" Cornelius says as we head to the door "You welcome, I'll to convince Danielle to meet with all of you for dinner" I say as I open the door for them "Perfect, we will in touch then" Cornelius says "I hope we met again soon, I am crazy to get to know Danielle better" Dannie says and I simply smile at her, I know Danielle is not up to meet her, specially when Danielle has noticed that Dannie has feelings for me.

"Danielle" I call as I enter to our bedroom "Please don't go there" she says "I have to go there" I say and she sighs "Xavier, I love you, and I would do anything to please you, to make you happy, but you need to understand that my father and his family, this subject is a little bother some and I HATE TO TALK ABOUT IT!" she snaps at me, I kneel in front of her, and she looks at me "Try, please, love, I will not push you, but please try for me" I say and she sighs even harder "You could ask me for anything, and I would do it, so why you have to ask me to build a relationship, I don't want with him?" she asks and I kiss her hands "Because I know what it is to lose both parents and have a horrible relationship with them" I answer and she sighs "Okay" she says and I kiss her.

Danielle is very hurt, I get that, but she needs to understand that over everything, Cornelius is her father, he is here trying to make amends, fix his wrongs, and she should at least try, try to build a father-daughter relationship with him, and in the future, then go ahead and forgive him, because he is here today, but tomorrow, he might not, and she is going to regret not talking to him, not forgiving him, guilt will consume her, like it consumed me.

I was angry with my Dad, just because he and I didn't see eye to eye in something, I remember I spent days, months mad with him, I didn't wanted to talk to him, I didn't wanted to know anything about him, until I received that phone call, until a policeman told me that my parents had died in car accident, right there, in the solitude of my home, I regretted not telling my father how much I loved him, how sorry I was for been so rude, so disrespectful, how much I wanted him to forgive me, and for years guilt consumed me, the worst feeling of my life, I don't want my delicate flower to go through that, I want her to be free, to not live the rest of her life with this burden, just because she wasn't able to move on.

I don't want her to end up like her mother.