Chapter 6

Ten minutes after stepping into the shower, Danny was finished and drying off with the towel. The last few minutes, he had stood beneath a cool spray, hoping to calm the fire within. His erection had died down a bit, but now that he was about to go out and bare himself to Magnum, the sexual embers began to smolder once more, pouring heat into his crotch.

"Just focus," he whispered to himself and slipped the robe on. "This is a job—not a freaking date." He tied the belt and looked at his reflection as unexpected doubt needled him. Magnum had appeared honest and sincere when he'd said this was a legitimate job offer, but Danny didn't know the man—maybe he was just one hell of a good liar. When he looked at the situation apart from his sexual attraction to Magnum, he had to admit this was fucking strange. He shows up to deliver groceries—and is suddenly showering in the man's bathroom and getting ready to pose nude for him? How many times had he watched crime shows and criticized people for their stupidity for walking into situations just like this? For all he knew, this guy could be a psycho nutcase.

Danny shoved the thought from his head, unwilling to believe that hot, sexy Magnum was anything other than what he said he was. Danny ran his fingers through his wet hair a couple times then turned to the door. He took a deep breath and released it slowly. "Show time, baby."

He emerged from the bathroom, a nervousness creeping through him. Magnum stood at the easel, securing a fresh, clean piece of canvas. He glanced at Danny and smiled. Danny groaned silently. No, don't do that. The man's smile was like gasoline to the sexual fire sizzling inside Danny—surging heat into his cock. The robe was not capable of concealing an erection. He made a mental effort to prevent his dick from hardening, but it was a losing battle.

"You ready to get started?" Magnum walked to the counter and motioned Danny over.

"Yeah." Danny tried to breathe normal as he approached the man, but became intoxicated by the mixed scent of musk cologne and oil paints wafting gently off Magnum. While sitting on the sofa, Danny didn't recall the man wearing cologne—and he had a keen nose for that musk scent. Had Magnum applied some while Danny was in the shower? The thought pleased him, that Magnum would take any measure to make himself more appealing to Danny. Not that it had been necessary—Danny had already been willing to do the man then and there.

Magnum picked up a small tube of hair gel and squeezed a glob into his hand, smeared it in his palms then stepped closer to Danny and rubbed it into his wet hair then proceeded to pluck at the greased strands. His gaze caught Danny's eyes, and he smiled again. "Having second thoughts yet?"

His breath was warm on Danny's face and lightly scented from the strawberry wine cooler. Danny was suddenly overcome with the need to suck his tongue and see if it tasted like strawberries as well. He swallowed thickly and felt his cock jump and swell. "As long as you don't strap me to metal bed springs and shock my ass..." Danny smiled anxiously. "...I'm good."

Magnum chuckled, his face close. Too close. "What? You're not into kink?"

"Nothing quite that heavy," Danny smiled, aching for the man to lean a fraction closer and brush his beard stubble against Danny's cheek.

"Well, fear not," Magnum murmured with soft amusement and looked into Danny's eyes. "I would never harm your lovely ass."

Danny laughed low. "Much appreciated."

A grin split Magnum's features, giving Danny a glimpse of his straight, white teeth. Danny shivered as he imagined those teeth biting his neck, his nipples, sinking into his ass cheeks. A pleasant prickling sensation pebbled the surface of his skin and his cock hardened yet again, pushing out against the soft robe.

Magnum stepped back and Danny sucked in a quick breath in an attempt to calm his erratic pulse. It didn't help. Magnum went to the counter and brought back what looked like a can of hairspray.

"Freeze spray," Magnum explained and began to spray Danny's hair with short shots, moving around him. "I love your hair," he murmured. "Perfect length and thickness for quick styling. Now my hair would be a pain in the ass to try to control with gel and spray. Have considered cutting it."

Danny tried not to fidget. "Don't," he said quietly. "I mean, it suits you. Gives you that classic artist look."

"You think so?" Magnum mused. "Then it's settled. Handsome Danny likes it the way it is, I won't cut it."

Pursing his lips in a smile, Danny mumbled, "Well, it's really up to you. It's your hair."

Magnum came back around to stand before him. "True. It is. But the question is...would another man enjoy running his fingers through locks so lengthy?" His eyes burned into Danny's. "Or would he prefer shorter strands?" He licked his lips and again Danny longed to suck his tongue. "Maybe you should test it for me."

"Huh?" Danny stared at him, his heartbeat suddenly pumping hard in the base of his throat.

Magnum set the can of freeze spray aside then took Danny's hand and lifted it to his hair. Danny trembled and tentatively slid his fingers into the soft, dark strands, combing through the full length. Fuck. He had to force himself to withdraw—rather than cupping the man's head and pulling him into a coveted kiss.

Clearing his throat, Danny mumbled, "Definitely...don't cut it."

"As you wish," Magnum whispered as a smile played at the corner of his mouth.