the walking dead au

They were here. They were there. They were everywhere.

You and your gang's life has changed, from being normal cafefree teenagers to survivors stabbing and shooting walkers in the head. Always keeping alert with whatever source of sound, snapping twigs or creaking floors. Sleepless nights and barely having any source of food.

Your gang consists of four members. Luke, your gang's so-called leader who keeps in charge of everything. Then there's you, his childhood best friend. The other two are Luke's brothers, Jack and Ben.

The four of you are really close. You've been together for a solid few years, battling this fast spreading unknown disease.

You and your gang are currently wandering around the woods, keeping steady and alert as always. Your hands were hovering near your dagger which was secured by a belt around your waist.

You constantly look around at everybody else, making sure that they were all safe. But this was also your excuse for getting chances to steal glances from Luke, which you liked doing for some reason you don't even know.

"Hey," Luke gives you his usual lopsided grin, giving you an unusual kind of adrenaline rush and a faster heartbeat. "Hey," You reply. "Seen any walkers yet?" He asked. You look around. "No."

Before you knew it you both were absorbed in your own conversation, forgetting about Jack and Ben. You were talking about not eating cheeseburgers for a long time when you suddenly heard yells.

You both quickly turn around to see Jack being attacked by a walker, its dead and cold eyes staring right at the newly found prey. "NO!" Luke yells, grabbing his gun and immediately giving the walker a headshot. But it was too late, Jack was bitten... In the neck.

It was a disgusting and devastating scene. You watched him fall down to the earthy ground. Ben immediately rushed to him. "J-Jack.. No..."

You turn to Luke. He was frozen and there were tears brimming his eyes.

Out of nowhere, two more walkers come out. "Ben!" You yell at his kneeling figure. But he didn't listen. He was too busy worrying about Jack. "BEN!" You yell again, making him finally turn. But then again, it was too late. He was pinned down to the ground, the walker attacking him in the stomach. Blood was flowing out like a fountain.

"N-no!" Luke yelled, finally able to move. He charged for his brothers, but you stopped him, gripping his arms. "L-Luke, we can't. We'll get eaten."

"But my brothers!" His deep blue eyes are now covered with tears. "I'm so sorry Luke, but we have to go!" "NO!" He yells louder, catching the attention of more walkers. "LUKE!" You yell sternly, tightening your grip around him.

You drag him deeper into the woods, until the walkers are finally out of sight. You slowly let go of Luke, who immediately went to a nearby tree and punched its trunk multiple times. Tears brimmed his eyes once more.

"I'm sorry Luke," You say softly. You saw his muscles relax at the sound of your voice. You sit down on the ground Indian style. You pat the space beside you, gesturing him to sit beside you.

He followed, but he rested his head on your lap, his back facing you. You sigh, gently running your fingers through his messy quiff.

You both stayed like that for a while, until Luke turned around, facing you this time. "Feel better yet?" You ask him. He was silent, but his hand reached your cheek, stroking it gently with his thumb. He made the face that he usually does when he's thinking.

"What are you thinking about?" You finally ask when you see him crack a small dreamy smile. "You know, Y/N..." Luke says, slowly getting up from your lap.

"Yeah?" You asked, trying not to get lost in his beautiful blue eyes. "The world is very dangerous now. Walkers could just appear out of nowhere and we just might get eaten by one of them someday." He said, leaning in a little closer. "Yeah, that's true." You smiled sadly.

"But before that day happens, I just want you to know something."

"What is it, Luke?" "This." He simply leaned in, his lips finding yours. You weren't sure of what you were doing but you found yourself kissing him back, your lips moving in sync. You both pulled away, you breathless and Luke smirking.

"I just want you to know that I've been wanting to do that for a long time now. And if I want to kiss you, that obviously means I love you. So there. Plus, you're the only one I have left, I wouldn't want to lose you."

You grin in response. "So Luke, in case we get eaten by walkers one day, I just want want you to know something too. I feel exactly the same."

A/N: There's a Part 2 aye