hatred

Ever since your childhood best friend Michael introduced you to his band, you always got along with Luke and Calum so well. But you just don't understand why you can't make a connection with Ashton. You both just hate each other so much. He always tries his best to stay away from you, and you simply do the same.

Luke walked in the tour bus to find Calum and Michael smirking at you and Ashton who were bickering, which was both your daily routines.

"What's that smell, Y/N? You actually spray the perfume, not marinate in it."

"No, it's just your underwear that you've been wearing for one week straight."

"I don't do that!"

"You two are sickening," Calum stated.

"He's sickening," You pointed at Ashton.

"Why do you bicker so much?" Michael groaned, obviously annoyed.

"Their motto is 'the more you hate, the more you love', that's why." Luke said.

"I do not love him/her!" You and Ashton screeched at the same time. "Our personalities are defenitely opposite." You added.

"Yeah, I'm cool and Y/N's lame."

Calum spoke this time. "Science says 'opposites attract'. You two are defenitely perfect."

"What the--- no!"

"We are disgusting!"

"No, you're disgusting."

You both gave each other your death glares. His hazel eyes were sharply staring at yours, yet they were still beau---- no.

This happened for a while until you realized the other three had left the room. Ashton's expression suddenly softened as he shifted his gaze to the television. You also started to pay attention to your phone. The atmosphere was awkward, but you didn't want to leave.

"Why do you hate me so much?" Ashton's voice popped up. Instead of his usual angry and annoying tone, his voice was now soft and gentle.

"What?" You faced him.

"You heard me." Ashton faced you too.

"I... I don't know. You just annoy the hell out of me--- and you sure do know how to get to my damn nerves."

Ashton was still staring at you with a longing look on his face.

"Why do you hate me?" You asked him this time.

He suddenly turned to the television. "I...I can't tell you." He hung his head low, his messy curls covering his eyes.

"Wha--- that's unfair! I told you my reason!"

"It's complicated."

"Why on earth would this be so complicated? You can simply tell m---"

"It's just because I like you a lot!" He yelled, facing you again. You were taken aback and confused. Ashton hates you because he likes you?

"Ever since we met, you always gave me this certain feeling. I literally do not know what that was, but I hate it. And I also hate you for that. I started to have guesses on what that feeling actually was, so I started picking fights with you so that the feeling would wash away. But it didn't."

You stared at him.

"So basically, I hate you because I kinda just fell for you, impatiently waiting for you to catch me. I'm not so sure if you would though." He hid his eyes with his curls again.

"Ash..." You began.

"I get it, I get it, you don't feel the same."

"No you annoying twat, let me finish!"

He looked at you with hopeful eyes.

"I would catch you... But it's just that I'm also falling." You glanced at him with a small grin.

Ashton smiled, showing off his dimples.

"About fucking time!" Three voices yelled as the door swung open. Standing on the doorway were Michael, Calum, and Luke.

Your eyes widened. "Y-You were listening?!"

"Yeah, never knew Ash was the cheesy type." Michael smirked, earning a slap from Ashton.