the walking dead au (pt 2)

A/N: Here's a Part 2 as I promised. And credits to BookwormQueen837 for helping me out in this chapter! Go give her a follow and read her amazing books xxx

Ever since the accident, Luke's overprotective side was slowly showing. He has never left your side and always made sure that you were close to him, and that he was close to you. He always made sure you were alright and safe. You're the only one I have left, I wouldn't want to lose you, his voice echos in your head.

You finally knew why you like stealing glances from Luke. You finally knew why you enjoy talking with Luke. You finally knew why you love his company, his eyes, smile, laugh, voice. You finally knew why you're most thankful for Luke's existence, basically.

But for the first time in what seems like forever, you were started to get annoyed with Luke. He wouldn't let you walk a centimeter away from him. Nor would he let you pick up a single item from the ground.

You've finally lost it when Luke wouldn't let you go find food without him. "Luke! Just a friendly reminder that I'm not a five year old that's oblivious to the world. I'm a perfectly mature teenager. Just like you. I know what to do and what not to do. So please, stop being so overprotective."

"But... But I wouldn't want to lose you so easily and unexpectedly, just like... T-Them."

You looked into his eyes and immediately understood. "I know, Luke. But don't worry. I won't be gone for too long. I'll be fine, I swear."

He gently squeezed your hand. "If something happens to you, I'm literally gonna stick to you for the rest of lives."

"Fine." You rolled your eyes. He grinned, letting go of your hand.

"Just stay there, I'll just call or scream or whatever when I need your help. If I even will." You told him as you dissolved into the woods.

You look around, searching for anything suspicious or interesting. When you turned around, you saw an old abandoned backpack. You smiled in satisfaction. You bent down, carefully examining it. Your eyes glinted as you saw two guns, a knife, and three canned goods inside.

You also saw a walker that collapsed beside you. He was already lifeless, his face facing the ground. His jacket had pockets, and you wondered if there was something in them. You casually reached for them, thinking that the walker was actually dead.

But once you dug your hand in the pocket, walker's head immediately turned to you like a robot. And before you knew it, the creature has already grabbed your leg. You merely scream, kicking around. You were aiming for its head, but you hit its shoulder, causing its arm to fall off.

The walker's mouth was now inches away from your stomach. Life was dancing around in its dead eyes when it saw the scrumptious meal---- you.

You tried to crawl away from the walker, but its other arm has gripped on you again. This was the scariest moment of your life--- and maybe even the last.

You closed your eyes, waiting for the walker to take a humongous bite from your intestines. There was a sound, like something was being stabbed, but you didn't feel any pain. You opened your eyes, and to your side you see a small puddle of blood, but there wasn't any bite or hole on your body.

You saw a familiar knife that went across the walker's head. You turned to see Luke standing there.

You slowly stood up, and then suddenly you were sobbing and you were in tears. You were scared. You thought you would die. But Luke saved you.

Luke runs over to you, wrapping his strong arms around you. "Hey, hey, it's okay." He presses his lips against your forehead.

You cried endlessly. "I'm so sorry. I disappointed you--- and... And I should've listened..."

He shushes you by gently putting his forefinger over your lips. "I know. I'm sorry too. I guess I was being too overprotective."

There was silence, until Luke piped up again. "You know what, scratch that. I'm still not gonna let you walk a single inch away from me. I'll win the award for most overprotective boyfriend. I know it's annoying, but I never ever want to lose you at all." He cheekily grins down at you, wiping your tears with his thumb.

"Boyfriend?" You ask him, a tiny smirk plastered across your face.

"Oh, I-I mean like a friend... who's a boy. Boyfriend! S-see what I mean?" He said, looking really flustered.

"I do see which boyfriend you mean. And it's defenitely not the friend who's a boy. So shut up, Hemmings." You pulled Luke's shirt and whispered into his ear. "I would love it if you would give it a go, though." You pull back and saw life sparking like fire in his eyes.

"So... Us?" He asks hesitantly.

"Us."