Chapter Eleven.

Nova's POV.

I woke up with a little body curled up to me. I remembered that Emerald had come in half through the night crying, I quickly brought her up in my arms and she soon fell asleep.

I looked at the little crack of light breaking through the curtains. I squinted my eyes adjusting to the light. I gently pushed Emerald to the other side she let out a small whimper but carried on sleeping. I heard a snore and I whipped my head to see Kayden sleeping on the sofa, he barely fit on it.

I walked towards the window and opened the curtain. I smiled looking at the view. Trees that went on for miles, the sun peeking up from behind the clouds in the sky.

I began quietly humming Angel by Sarah McLachlan. I walked into the bathroom which was massive and did my business. I washed my hands and face. I splashed some cold water on my face and dried it. I put my hair up in a messy bun.

I was wearing the same joggers and top from yesterday, I quickly grabbed some random shorts and a top.

Once I put them on I inhaled the manly smell of Kayden and a smile appeared on my face. I walked downstairs remembering the way to the kitchen. I walked in saw Beta Elliot sitting there drinking some water.

"Luna." He bowed his head.

I shook my head, "Please just Nova Beta Elliot." I bowed my head in respect.

"Nova you don't need to bow your head, you rank above us." He said gently.

"Okay Elliot," I hesitated by said any way. "Would you like something to eat?"

"As long as you eat as well." I nodded too him.

I began taking out ingredients for pancakes. I started making my usual batch, I honestly don't mind baking it just reminds me off my grandma before she passed.

I remembered the first time I got my very first beating, I dragged myself to my grandparents house beating and bruised I told them what happened and they were furious. They were my parents. They loved me. They fixed me. When I told them grandpa shifted in the living room and grandma's wolf just came out, to say I have never seen them like that.

I began piling up the pancakes when I felt a tug on my shorts, I looked down and saw Emerald. This girl has me wrapped around her little finger. I bent down and picked her up, I kissed her cheek and put a pancake on a plate for her. I cut it up into small pieces so she wouldn't choke.

I put about 5 on a plate for Elliot and handed it to him, his face lit up. "Thanks Nova." He began covering his pancakes in syrup.

"N-novy." I heard the tiniest angelic voice ever.

I whipped my head to Emerald and she was grinning with her very few teeth on show.

"She-she just spoke." Elliot stuttered.

Was that her first time?" I mind linked him.

"Yeah, when Kayden found her she didn't even cry." He said shocked.

I walked over to her and cupped her face. "Say it again Emerald." I said quietly.

"N-novy." She blushed.

I giggled and picked her up spinning her around. She began giggling with me. I heard a cough and I stopped spinning and faced where it came from.

Kayden and his dad stood there with grins on their faces. I hoisted Emerald higher up on my hip and gave them a slight wave.

"What happened?" Kayden asked.

"She spoke." Elliot spoke up.

"Kay." Emerald said. "Kay-kay." She giggled and played with a lock of my hair.