Chapter 9.

Kris' View

I struggled to start a fire as the blistering winds cut through me. I huddled farther over my pile of twigs and bit my lip to keep from screaming at the pain my back provided.

Giving up, I went to see what everyone else was doing. Climbing into the trailer closest to me I spotted jessica asleep on a bed. My teeth chattered and i fumbled along the wall for a light switch.

The lights came on and I sighed going over to the heater. Why didnt she turn the heat on? I wondered. I clicked buttons and spinned dials until I realized a harsh reality. The heater must have froze and quit working and it was too windy to start a fire for food.

"Jessica," I called over to her, "do u need more blankets?" I waited for her response but it didnt come. "Jessica?" I whispered coming closer. My eyes widened seeing that there was no rise and fall to her chest.."Jessica!" I shook her lightly giving a silent prayer for her safety.

I leaned down to hug her frozen body, tears forming in my eyes.

Hearing a clicking noise behind me I tensed and slowly turned to see behind me.

Kai stood there grasping a revolver with two hands and aiming in my direction.

"What are you-"

"Shut up" He growled and flexed his fingers around the trigger. I raised my hands up and slowly stood, keeping my eyes locked on him.

"Kai, its ok. Do u hear me? We can get passed this just-"

"I said SHUTUP!!" He used his left hand to pull at the roots of his hair as he squeezed his eyes shut. Opening them, I could see his expression soften. "I'm sorry brother, but this is the only way.." I shook my head denying it. "Do you see Jessica?! Its only been 2 days since Sehun's father, and now we are stranded; freezing to death! I'm going to end it!" The look in his eyes was hysteric. He was going insane! Pulling at his hair again and shaking his head he whispered,"I'm sorry," and pulled the trigger.

I gasped when the pain didn't shoot through me, but Tao instead. I quickly fell to the floor and pulled Tao towards me, sheilding him from Kai, who was grabbing his head and crying. He gulped and raised the gun again.

Tao groaned and kicked his right foot out breaking Kai's leg. The bone cracked and he collapsed. I took the chance to jump on him, slamming my fists into his messed up head.

I was too blinded by rage to see Kai pull out a dagger and stab straight into the spot I was bitten by the shark. I hissed in pain and rolled off, seeing Kai raise up and balance on one foot.

"I don't want to sit here in this frozen hell and watch my friend's die any longer! We arent going to make it anyways!" Kai choaked on sobs,"Lets just all die together.." He looked at me with tourture in his eyes and I understood the message he was trying to get across. He has given up all hope..

I struggled to see the emotions he was showing through the blur and pain of the blood pouring from me.

"Don't!" Tao shouted and another gun shot rang out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to have to make another chapter>< right now! :D