Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Mike may I talk to you for a second?"

"Yea of course mom."

"How long is Chester going to be here?"

Mike swallowed, "I don't know."

"Mike," his mother said, "Chester's an adult with responsibilities."

"I know.....but mom....," Mike sighed and sat down next to her, "Mom, you remember what I told you about him right?"

"Yes. That's why I'm not happy about him being here."

"But mom listen. He's trying to get clean. He really is. His band mates took away all his money and credit cards so that's why he was living in his car. Please mom, he'll be gone in two months."

His mom sighed, "Fine. But only because I know how much he means to you.  I've never seen you this happy. Do warn him though, he will be helping with the chores around here."

Mike smiled as his mom smiled back,
"I'll tell him."

He walked back to his room where Chester was sound asleep on his bed. The withdrawal was taking a big toll on him and making him extremely tired. But that was okay. Chester had yet to say anything about his room and for that, Mike was grateful. He didn't want to deal with that.

"Hey, Chester, I have good news."

"Does it come with aspirin?" Chester grumbled from under the pillow.

"It could. Just get up, you lazy ass," Mike felt the words slip out of his mouth before he could stop them, "Uh...I mean..."

But Chester was laughing and sitting up, his eyes shining and that adorable grin plastered on his face, "Alright. What's the good news?"

But before Mike could say anything they heard Jason yelling.

"WHAT?! YOU'RE LETTING THAT DICK STAY HERE?"

"Jason! Language!"

"Mom!"

Their voices got quieter and Chester glanced at Mike in surprise, "I'm.... I'm allowed to stay?"

"For two months. Until you're picked up by the DBS guys," Mike said, "that was my good news."

And then Chester was hugging him and Mike staggered in shock before laughing.

"Okay, wow. You're welcome."

"Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me," Chester said softly and Mike watched as his eyes finally took in the surroundings, "On second thought, I'd like one ticket out."

Mike blushed furiously, "I uh....well I never though you'd actually come in here."

Chester laughed slightly and looked around, "Wow I'm everywhere aren't I?"

The singer began walking around the room, looking at all the posters of himself. Mike saw his phone buzz.

Hey wanna hang out today? -D

Can't Dave, I...well I have company.

So tomorrow?

No I have company then too. I'll just give you a text. This weekend should be good.

Alright.

He turned off his phone as he heard Chester.

"Hey Mike."

Mike turned around and almost screamed. It was like everything he'd ever imagined. The singer was leaning against the door with a smirk on his face.