Epilogue

Epilogue

"Chester!" Mike laughed as the older man pulled him along. He couldn't see where he was going, the older man had blinded him.

"Shush Mikey, I told you I have a surprise."

"We just got married, I don't need anything else from you," Mike said as they continued walking.

"But I want to give it to you."

They were still in their suits from the wedding and Chester had dragged him away from the after party. They slowed down and then Chester undid the blindfold. Mike blinked a few times before he looked around. He laughed and shook his head.

"You....."

"Come on, inside!" Chester said and pulled him towards the bus. Mike followed him and they climbed inside. It was empty of course but Mike looked around. He'd always wanted to be here. He smiled again and hugged Chester tightly.

"You're too amazing."

"I found your journal," Chester said quietly, "The one you write lyrics in."

"Oh," Mike said quietly. He thought he'd kept that one pretty safe.

"I called the guys," Chester said, "And I told them I didn't want to come back. I told them it wasn't anything personal, I just was moving on."

"You gave it up," Mike said and Chester smiled slightly.

"Not really. Instead, I want to sing your music. You're talented and I want to sing for you."

Mike shook his head and jumped into Chester's arms. The older man hugged him tightly and rested his chin on his shoulder.

"You need to stop being so sweet."

"I can't help it. You bring out the best in me," Chester whispered, "Now where do you want to go?"

"Home," Mike said and Chester laughed.

"I meant for our Honeymoon. I'll take you anywhere."

"I'll think about it," Mike said before kissing Chester gently. They were still standing up and Mike was still being held. He sighed and let Chester put him down. "I can't believe this is real."

"Believe it," Chester said quietly, "I love you."

Mike buried his head in Chester's chest and sighed, "I love you so much. You make me feel so good. I've never been this happy in my life."

"You deserve to be happy," Chester said with a smile, "You deserve everything."

"You've made everything better."

"I saw you and your brother and your parents. Have they come to terms with what happened?"

"My parents did. I think Jason did too but he's never going to like you like he did before."

"But he's okay with you?"

"Yes," Mike said as he reached up to touch Chester's soft hair, "I never really saw you in a suit before except pictures. You look really good."

"Thank you," Chester said with a grin, "I wore the navy blue tie just for you. You were talking about dying your hair blue, I'd like that."

"Only if you go blonde," Mike said and Chester laughed. Mike found himself falling back into one of the bunks with Chester. They laid there for a second and Chester sighed before kissing him softly.

"I just want to spend every day with you."

"Okay," Mike breathed as he looked at Chester, "How long do we have with the bus?"

"Til tomorrow afternoon."

"Then I'll sleep here with you," Mike said. Chester smiled.

"Soon you'll have your own bus and your own bunk."

"I don't want my own bunk," Mike said as he kissed Chester who was laying on his chest.

"Okay," Chester snickered. Mike wrapped his arms around Chester's back and snuggled him against him.

Chester had been right. In a year, Mike was in a band with his husband and his four best friends and they did get their own tour bus. But Mike didn't want his own bunk. He spent every night sleeping next to Chester while they rode from place to place. They performed and Mike got to live more than his dream. He got to stand up and rap lyrics next to the only man who had ever given him a reason to live. And at the end of every show, he would walk to the front of the stage and people would scream for him. And then Chester would walk up next to them and they'd hug and wave to the crowd. And every moment that he wasn't performing, he was hanging out with the five best people in his life. He sighed as he sat down next to Chester.

"Hey love," he said softly. Chester smirked.

"Hey. So, is it everything you thought it would be?"

"No," Mike said kissing Chester gently, "It's one billion times better because you're here."