12. Uncle Ben

I walked in, everyone was screaming. I watched as a man in the arena took down another man, everyone was rooting for him, yelling his name. Bone Saw. He jumped onto the man and I swear, I think he broke his ribs...or maybe his face.

Was this really a good idea? Was this worth $3,000? Why not, I got super powers.

I walked away and got into the costume I made for the match. I was so doing this.

"Next", the woman at the table said. It was my turn to sign up for this. "There's no feather weight in this division, small fry. Next."

"No, no, sign me up", I say.

"Okay... You understand that the NYWL is not responsible for any injuries you may and probably will sustain while participating in said event and that you are participating on your own free will?"

"Yes."

"Down the hall, to the ramp. May god be with you", she says and I walk away. "Next!"

~

"What's your name, kid?" the man who was talking said.

"The Human Spider", I say in a deep voice.

"The Human Spider, that's it? That's the best you got?" he asks me through the curtain.

"Yeah"

"Oh, that sucks."

"The sum of $3,000 will be paid to the terrifying, the deadly, the amazing SPIDER-MAN!"

I around look at the crowd as the lights behind me go on. "My name is the Human Spider."

"I don't care, get out there."

"No, he got my name wrong!"

"Get out there you moron!" he says and shoves me away.

Everyone boos at me, there thumbs facing the ground. They all had angry faces. I passed girls who were calling me names and yelling at me and people were throwing popcorn at me. I got to the arena and a man on a gurney passes me.

"Oh my god, oh my legs! I can't feel my legs!" he screamed in pain.

Everyone started to chant 'Kill Him'. I'm guessing they were implying that Bone Saw killed me.

I walked up to the arena and slid in. The cage fell and the people started to close it.

Then everyone started to chant again, but this time they were chanting 'cage'.

What did I get myself into?

"Please lock the cage doors at this time", the man with the microphone said. They locked it with chains and I ran up to them.

"Hey, listen this is some kind of mistake! I didn't sign up for a cage match! HEY! UNLOCK THE THING! TAKE THE CHAIN OFF!" I yell.

"Hey freak show, you're goin' nowhere. I got ya for three minutes! Three minutes of pain time," Bone Saw says looking around.

The rings and he races towards me. I jump up and cling onto the wall of the cage as he crashes into it.

"What are you doing up there?"

"Staying away from you", I say, "That's a cute outfit, did your husband give it to you?"

He looks up at me angrily and jumps, trying to catch me but fails.

I flip off the wall and land on the opposite side of him. He grunts as I flick my wrists and the web comes out. It sticks to the top of the cage and I pull on it, doing a flip over Bone Saw.