31. Movie Night

"DINNER'S READY!" My dad yelled from downstairs. I was laying my head on Peter's chest as his soft fingers glided through my hair. I sighed as I sat up and fixed my hair a little in the mirror.

"Tyler..." Peter started, "I don't know if that was the best idea..."

"What do you mean?" I asked him turning around to look him in the eye.

"Well, I'm guessing you only did that because of what Barry did. You were upset and you wanted to get your mind off of things...by kissing me..."

"Peter, I-"

"Tyler, it was great and all, I mean, I've never kissed a girl like you or like that before, but I know that shouldn't happen again..." Peter walked over to me and rested his hands on my shoulders. "I love you, Tyler, I care for you. But...I can't do that again."

I looked down at my feet and he pulled me into a hug. "I love you too, Peter..." I say as I hug him back. He lets go and looks into my eyes, then he rests a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Now, let's go eat food, I'm starving", Peter said with his large smile. I smiled back and we walked down the stairs to the dining room.

~

~Few Days Later~

I sat in my bed, trying to think. Maybe Peter's right, maybe I did just kiss him because I was upset, maybe it was just because I wanted Barry off my mind. What if, I like Peter, in the same way I liked Barry?

I shook the thoughts off and grabbed the current book I was reading, The Fifth Wave (;))

~

A knock at my door brought me back to reality. This book was intense. I pulled my throw blanket off my legs and stood up to walk to the door. I opened the door and my dad walked in.

"Hey honey", my dad said with a sympathetic smile.

"Dad, what's up?" I asked him as I sat back down on my bed.

"I was wondering why you were up here, why aren't you hanging out with Barry and Peter?" he asked me.

I forgot to tell him...

"Oh, um, Barry moved. We aren't really dating anymore."

"Wait, he moved? Why?"

"Joe, his foster dad, got a job to work for the Central City Police Department."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Tyler. What about Peter?"

"Well, um, the night he was over, I think I messed up our friendship a little...I don't really want to talk about it."

"Okay then, maybe you could invite one of your new friends that you met from the X-Mansion", dad said and patted my leg. "I've got some stuff to do, but maybe we can have a movie night later today. Invite someone over if you like." He gave me a warm smile and left the room.

I sighed as I tried to think of someone I could invite over. I looked at my phone and scrolled through the contacts until I reached...Owen Larkin.

I pressed on his contacts and wrote him a message.

Tyler: Hey, want to come over?

Immediately I got a response.

Owen: Sure, what time?

Tyler: Later today, maybe 7?

Owen: Awesome, I'll be there :)

I smiled at the phone and put it down, then I continued to read my book.