22. Walls

~Tyler's Point of View~

I woke up in dad's room and looked around. The slightest light was peeking through his dark curtains. Dad was asleep on his chair with drool coming out of his mouth.

I moved the blanket off of me and tried to tiptoe out of the room, but instead I somehow ran out of control into a wall making my dad jump awake.

"TYLER!" he said as I fell to the ground.

"Ow", I groaned.

"What happened?" he asked me helping me up from the ground.

"I-I don't know", I said and pressed my hand to my head. "I was going to go to the bathroom but I just ran out of control somehow."

"We need Bruce to do those tests now." Dad looked at me with wide eyes.

"What? What is it?"

"Y-you're fading away...like you're becoming invisible."

I looked down at my hand and saw it fading away like fog and go back to normal. My eyes widened as well and I looked up at dad.

"Dad, I'm scared", I said with tears forming in my eyes.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine."

I nodded and sat down in his chair."Let me go get you some ice", he said and walked out of the room.

~
"Okay", Bruce said. He stuck his needle into my arm and took a few blood samples. "I'll have to do multiple tests."

I nodded and got up from the chair.

"Hey, Tyler, do you want something to eat?" dad asked me.

"No thanks", I said shaking my head, "I'm tired, I think I'm just gonna go to bed."

"Okay", he said and hugged me. I walked up the stairs and sped accidentally and hit the door to my room. I groaned and opened it to walk in. I jumped onto my bed and cried.

"Why did this have to happen to me?" I cried to myself.

~

~Barry's Point of View~

"Can you come over?" Tony asked, "Tyler really needs a friend right now."

"Yeah, of course. I'll be right there", I said and hung up. I grabbed my things and keys and walked out of my house to my car and drove to Tyler's house.

~

I knocked on the door to her room and heard a moan from the inside. "Come in", I heard Tyler's voice say.

I opened the door and saw her laying down in her bed.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked her.

"Not good. It's kinda hard to walk now", Tyler said.

"What do you mean?"

"Everytime I try to walk, I end up speeding out of control and running into things."

"I couldn't even imagine having super speed..."

"You're like the only normal person I know now", Tyler says.

"Hey, being different is unique, everyone loves unique people. Why do you think everyone loves superheroes?"

"Don't expect me to become a hero. That's my dad's job."

I laughed at her remark and shook my head. "All I'm saying is you're unique. You're your own person. You're your own perfect. Don't let anyone make you feel like you aren't", I said and smiled.

She smiled at me and hugged me. "You always make me feel better", Tyler mumbled into my shoulder.

I combed my hair through her soft brown hair and hugged her back. "I always try. Making people laugh is my specialty."

We lied down on her bed and looked up at her ceiling, my arm around her. She laid her head on my chest and sighed.

"I hope I get better."

"I know you will."

"How do you know?" she asked me.

"Because, I do." I said. She sighed and sat up a little and looked at me.

"Wanna watch something?"

"Sure, what do you wanna watch?"

"Teen Wolf?"

"Only if you don't hit me when I freak out."

"You are a messed up man", Tyler laughed.

I looked at her and smirked, "Don't be such a sourwolf."

She sighed and reached for her remote to turn on her TV.

A/N***Short chapter here. I don't know if I like this chapter or not? What do you think? Let me know! :) -H