29. Time Flies

Days past as I lived at the X-Mansion. Barry came every weekend, but then every weekend became every other weekend and that became one weekend a month. Finally it became once every 6 months.

Peter had visited sometimes too, but he didn't come as often either. I was here for about 2 years now and I was 18 now. I was leaving today.

"Hey, Tyler, right?" a guy asked me walking up to me with a goofy smile plastered on his face.

I let out a nervous laugh and nodded. "Yeah, who's asking?" I replied.

"Um, I'm Owen...Owen Larkin", he said extending his arm to shake mine. I took his hand and shook it. "I was wondering if you'd like to go out for some food or something. I'm leaving today too and I don't have anything to do, so..."

"I, uh, have a boyfriend..."

"Oh, no, this is not a date", he says with the same goofy smile. He let out a chuckle.

"Okay, good. Then I'd love to get some food. I'm hungry", I said with a smile.

I grabbed my bag and we walked out the door.

"So, what powers do you have?" I asked Owen.

"I can teleport and I have telekinesis", Owen said with a huge smile. "What about you? I mean, I've heard things, but I wanted to be sure."

"You heard things about me?"

"Well, you were one of the most talked about girls in the school. Ever since you moved here."

"Oh, I didn't know that." I said, "But, I have super speed and invisibility powers."

"Oh cool. I wonder if I could beat you at getting to the restaurant."

"You're on!" I yelled and speed down the street to get to T.G.I Fridays. I stopped at the front door and saw Owen appear at the front.

"You didn't even give me a warning!" Owen yelled.

I laughed and patted his back. "Sorry, but don't be a sore loser."

Owen let out a grunt and we walked int. "Booth for two, please", Owen said to one of the workers. The worker nodded and brought us to a booth.

"So, who is this boyfriend you were talking about earlier?" Owen brought up.

"Um, well, his name is Barry. He's kind of a geek. I haven't seen him in awhile...", I told Owen.

"Where is his?"

"New York City, it's where my dad is too, and my other best friend Peter."

"Maybe you can see him when you go back?"

"I don't know, I guess."

"Why don't we just skip that subject and eat some food?" Owen says with a bright smile.

"Yeah, that would be the best", I say and we pick up our menus to pick our food.

~"So, what's your origin story?" I asked Owen as we strolled down a park

~
"So, what's your origin story?" I asked Owen as we strolled down a park.

"Well, when I was young my father died in a car accident. People said it was an accident but I think someone was out to get him. My mom left me on the porch of the X-Mansion, and I learned to control my powers when I was about 7 but because I had no where to go, I stayed at the X-Mansion."

"Oh, Owen, I'm so sorry", I said with a forgiveness smile.

"It's okay, it's not like you had anything to do with it."

We sat down at a bench and looked around at the nature. "I don't even know who my mom is. I guess she left when I was born. My dad hasn't told anyone really about my existence."

"I guess we both have some messed up lived", Owen said with a light laugh. I laughed back and looked down at my feet. I felt to tip of Owen's cold fingers on my chin and lift my head up. He turned my head towards his and leaned in, pressing his lips against mine. I broke the kiss by pushing away and turning to look at the ground.

"Oh, um..." I shuddered.

"Tyler, I-" Owen started.

"No, it's okay, it's fine", I said, standing up.

"Are you sure?" Owen asked as he also stood up.

"Yeah, yeah...it's fine...actually...no it's not. I have Barry, I can't do something like that to him. I, uh, I should go. My dad's probably worried."

"Tyler, let me bring you home."

"No, it's okay, I can run home, I have that power."

"Please, Ty-"

"Owen, it's best if I go...I'll see you later", I said and speed off in the other direction.

I can't believe he kissed me.

A/N*** My reaction from writing this chapter is down below. And yes, Nick Robinson(New Obsession) will be portraying the roll of Owen Larkin, who is my original character. Let me know your thoughts about Owen and the chapter :) ~Hannah

Also three chapters in one day!