39. Is It Possible?

I sighed and looked through the glass window that separated me from the lunch room. This year was going to be great and I didn't want mine and Barry's drama getting in the way.

I took one last deep breath and walked through the doors. I had already packed a lunch for myself and found Barry sitting down alone at a small table.

He raised his head and he immediately found me. His flat expression snapped into a huge smile and he stood from the chair he was sitting in.

"I thought you weren't going to show up", Barry says.

"Well if I didn't it would've made the rest of college awkward...for both of us", I said with a small smile.

"Yeah...well sit down."

I nodded and placed my books onto the table and sat down on the bench.

"Did you get the questions for the homework?" Barry says, trying to act like we're already close friends again.

"Barry...what are you doing?" I asked him with furrowed eyes.

He sighed and sat up straight. "Tyler, I just want to go back to being great friends. I want to pretend like the past few years never happened. Can't we just pretend it's 6th grade again?"

I looked at him as his lips formed a small smile, making his small dimples show. "Bare, you know I would love that, but it's just so hard...can we just talk about that when we aren't surrounded by people?" I looked around and saw faces staring over to us.

"Sure", Barry said as his smile dropped but rose slightly after that. "Where and when?"

"My apartment? Tonight after school?"

"Great, that's perfect."

~

I rushed to clean my apartment as it was a mess full of boxes. Barry was coming and I wanted the place to look nice.

The doorbell rang and I jumped at the noise.

I took a deep breath and straightened my black tank and pulled up my aqua jeggings. I fixed my hair a little in the mirror next to the door and smiled at myself.

(A/N*I forgot to add her outfit in before so slight update)

I did want to fix things between us, and the first step is forgiveness

I opened the door and Barry stood there swaying back and forth on the heels of his feet. "Hey", I breathed.

"Hi", Barry said.

"Oh, um, come in", I said moving out of the door frame.

"Thanks." Barry smiled a little and stepped slowly into the apartment. I closed the door behind him and he turned to me. "This is a nice place. Wish I lived here."

"Thanks, my dad got it for me..." I sighed and walked over to the couch to sit down. "So, can we talk?"

"Well, yeah, that's what I came here for."

"Right, I knew that..."

Barry sat down next to me and tried to smile at me.

"Tyler... I know what I did is unforgivable but-"

"Can I talk first?" I asked him. He then simply nodded. "You're right...but we can try. I know that it was a difficult time in life at that moment. We both had crumbled then and became these little pieces of shit. I think I would've done the same if I were in your shoes. I want to do this Barry...I want to be with you because I still love you and I don't think I'll ever be able to stop loving you."

"I still love you too, Tyler."

I still love him. I looked into his beautiful eyes and sighed at the sight. I wanted to be with him, but I thought we'd just fall apart once again. He wanted to be with me too. We wanted each other... I don't care if he ruins me, we need to try one more time.

"I don't care if life's a struggle, but Barry...I need you in my life", I breathed. I moved onto his lap and placed my lips onto his and pressed our chests together.

Barry wrapped his arms around my waist and tightened his grip to bring us even more closer

Barry wrapped his arms around my waist and tightened his grip to bring us even more closer. He started to move his body and laid me down on the couch and he got on top of me. My arms were around his neck and he balanced his body over mine.

I knew I was supposed to be mature when it came to things like this now that I'm older, but I couldn't help but form butterflies in my stomach. My stomach ached and I didn't know what to do...

This was perfect. We weren't perfect, our lives weren't perfect, but at this moment, everything was perfect.

~

I blinked my eyes opened and I tried to adjust my eyes to the blinding lights. I sat up and noticed I was laying on the couch. I turned to my side and saw Barry passed out next to me. He had one hand on his chest and the other hanging off the side of the couch. I smiled and stood up from the couch.

I walked to kitchen and decided that I could make breakfast for the both of us. I took out ingredients to make some banana bread and quickly put that together and into the oven. Then I made some bacon and eggs even though I wasn't a huge fan of bacon.

A few moments later, the food was all cooked and I made each of us plates and a glass of orange juice. I walked over to Barry and placed a kiss on his forehead. His eyes slowly opened and a smile grew on his face along with mine.

"Hey, beautiful", Barry says.

"Good morning, Care Bare...I made breakfast", I said giving him a ridiculous nickname. I thought it fit the moment. He hummed to himself and slapped his lips together. He sat up and walked over to the table and looked at the plate of food.

"It looks amazing, Ty", he told me.

"I'm glad you think so." I smiled at Barry and we started to eat our food.

" I smiled at Barry and we started to eat our food

A/N***Exactly 1000 words...that's pretty cool. What do you guys think? Did I make this too fake or do you like fake? Let me know what you think in the comments! :) -H