A God of Death

Hey guys! Um...yeah sorry this update took so long.....I don't even know where I found the above Deathnote Parody, it's called Deathnote Blank Space Parody by Natewantstobattle or something like that. Please vote and comment!

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure that this is going to work?"
Matsuda asked as we walked towards the car, apples in hand.
"It might, but wasn't it your idea in the first place anyway? What's with the sudden lack of faith?"
"I'll admit it does sound a little far fetched, don't you think?"
"Yeah that's true, but so is the idea of shinigami's and teleporting from one realm to another."
I said, repetitively tossing one of the apples into the air and catching it again.
"Still, I don't see how-"
"Wait."
I raised a hand, signalling for him to be quiet.
"What is it?"
Matsuda asked, confused by my actions.
"Can you feel that?"
"You mean the sudden, unnerving dread of some unknown person watching you?"
"Yeah that, hand me another apple."
Upon receiving the red piece of fruit I resumed my tossing it into the air as I had with the previous apple that had disappeared mid throw. When nothing happened I threw it higher and higher with each throw.
"Hey Mirai,"
"Yeah,"
I said, concentrating on the apple.
"Look at this."

With a shaky finger Matsuda was pointing at an object lying on the path a couple of feet in front of us. Cautiously I made my way over to it, excitement rising up inside me. There was no mistaking it, I would've known that book anywhere. The silver letters glistened in the light as I picked it up. It was a Deathnote.

However this one was different to the notebook Ryuk dropped, it was clear to see t had been written by someone else with neater handwriting. As I turned the pages I saw that their English skills were spot on too. Whoever this Shinigami was they knew their stuff, which, for a Shinigami, was quite surprising.

"Is it..."

Whatever Matsuda said next was lost in the noise as I leapt backwards, knocking over two trash cans.

"What's wrong Mirai?"

He asked, surprised. I didn't reply, still staring at the thing behind him. The owner of he Deathnote was tall, slim for his kind and had a ragged mess of hair upon his head. He looked as though he had been human once, now his skin was a blueish gray, stretched across his bones as though they were the only thing holding them together. Sections of his skin had been pulled together with uneven stitches. The only clothing he wore were a pair of black studded jeans.  He wore a wicked smile, razor sharp teeth gleamed from his mouth, dark, sullen eyes rimed with heavy eyeliner stared back at me.

I swallowed nervously and handed the Deathnote to Matsuda in a voice that was barely a whisper,

"Touch this."

I had seen Shinigami before, when I first came to this realm all those years ago and had not a problem. But this Shinigami, he reeked of something so evil even hell would have spat him out. Compared to other Shinigami his appearance wasn't as frightening or confronting, if I didn't know any better I'd say some high school senior was cosplaying as a Shinigami, but that wasn't it. Despite all of this why do I feel as though I know him from somewhere? Something, somewhere beneath the evil gleam in his eyes is someone familiar. But if this guys not Ryuk, Rem or Sidoh, who is he? I don't recognize him to be one of the Shinigami who were gambling at the beginning of Deathnote either.

Carefully Matsuda took the Deathnote from me, simultaneously dropping it and yelping when he laid eyes on the Shinigami. Working up my courage I got to my feet,

"What's your name?"

I asked, clasping my hands together in an unsuccessful attempt to prevent their shaking.

"Hikaru."

He said, his smile stretching across his deranged face.

"And you might be?"

He knows my name, he can see it, why doesn't he just...oh

"Call me Mirai."