An Unexpected Journey

It has actually been forever since I updated O.O oops.....anyways this chapter was actually a pain in the ass and I rewrote it a million times cause I kept changing my mind cause I'm indecisive like that...

Sorry 😅

~Em

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Smokey-grey clouds lingered above the city, threatening a storm as the glow of the sun made its exit beneath the horizon. The scent of rain hung in the air, along the street shop keepers dragged their ware indoors to save it from elements.

"That was kinda creepy, but at the same super cool!"

Matt declared, shoving his DS into his pocket as he turned to Mello.

"I told you Azure would be able to help!"

Matt proceeded to shake his friend's shoulder in excitement, Mello rolled his eyes, shrugging him off in annoyance as Matt's burst of enthusiasm gained a couple raised eyebrows from passersby's.

"Yeah yeah, you were right for once; so what?"

He shot back, taking a bite from his chocolate bar, the silver wrapper gleaming in the sun's retreating glow. I turned my attention from them as they continued their quarrel.

"What do you make of that?"

Matsuda asked the moment we'd gotten out of earshot of the Magic shop, ignoring the hyper teen and his hotheaded companion.

"She's crazy, absolutely crazy,"

I said, drawing my hand through my long hair.

"But even so, I have to admit it all adds up."

I added, deep in thought. Matsuda nodded,

"I suppose it does, but I can't bring myself to believe something so bizarre."

He shook his head,

"It's like....I mean...."

He struggled to find the right words, sighing in defeat he shook his head once more.

"For now all we can do is report back to Ł. Hikari already made it pretty clear that the Human Realm is at stake and what Azure told us only confirms that."

I shrugged, unsure of whether to be grateful or disturbed by the information. Matsuda agreed,

"I guess, after all-"

"So where are we going?"

A silvery voice piped up, I turned to find that the person in question had somehow appeared next to me.

"Azure?!"

I exclaimed,

"How long have you been here for?"

"Long enough to hear you think I'm crazy."

She smirked, her blue highlights catching in the light.

"No offense taken though, everyone says the same thing, strange right?"

"Yeah, totally bizarre."

I raised an eyebrow as my attention was draw in a small book she was holding.

"We're going to share with our colleges the information you gave us and see what they make of it,"

I explained.