Ch 23 - Worth The Wait

^^^NOELLE'S DRESS

"...and then he took me to a carnival. I guess it was ok, but I don't think I'll be seeing him again," Bridgette sighed.

"How come?" I asked as I painted my toe nails.

"He was a creep. He tried to feel up on me at the top of the Ferris wheel," she replied.

"Ok, that does sound a little dodgy!" my brother agreed.

"Anyway, I'm over it! Has anyone else received their acceptance letters yet?" Bridgette asked.

"Mine came through yesterday," Sunny informed.

"Same here," Felix said.

"We already know ours arrived two months ago," Nick said on his and my behalf.

"I can't believe we're a month and a half away from graduating," Bridgette said excitedly.

We were having a sleep over at Bridgette's house, something that has become a norm in the past six months. The Halloween party was a great success, with only five arrests being made, but only because the five people arrested were some college kids that we crashing the party.

A lot can happen in six months.

Nothing much happened after the Halloween party. Franco called me a week later, saying we should meet up, which we did. He shared the information he wanted to with me, and it wasn't as big a deal as he'd made it; or at least that's what Six, One and Five had said.

We'd all spent Thanksgiving at Six's house, with my dad and Viola actually in attendance, as well some of the other parents of our group members. It was fun once the parents relaxed around Six. Apparently his reputation is still the same, despite our relationship. There are people who are still very much terrified of him.

We all spent Christmas in Switzerland, thanks to my boyfriend who made the trip possible. My dad was obviously reluctant to let us go, but now that the other parents had met 'the changed' Six, they agreed to let us go.

My stepmom very quickly got Sunny, Bridge, Felix and Eli's mums on her side, making it easy to gang up on the concerned fathers.

Felix very quickly became our friend because Wes had a huge crush on her and begged us to make things happen for him. She was surprised to learn that he had a crush on her, because the feeling was mutual. They've been dating for four months now.

We all ended our year off in Paris. We had a small house party with just the twelve of us, with Jay joining us after much pleading on my part. Six and I argued since he said I was a bad influence on Jay and I was deterring him from his training, but I believe that the poor child should at least have friends.

"Any word from Six?" my brother asked.

"No," I sighed.

Sunny scowled. "Geez! They've been gone for two months already."

"I know. I've been counting the days," I replied.

"This can't be easy for you. I mean, we all know that Six disappears from time to time, but this is the longest he's been gone," Bridgette pointed out.

Something else I was already aware of.

"Guys, I don't think Ellie wants to talk about this, especially with their six month anniversary around the corner," my brother said on my behalf. I shot him a grateful look.

"That makes sense. I guess talking about prom isn't a great topic either," Felix said.

"I'm ok with that. When he left, he said he wasn't sure how long he'd be gone for, but he promised he'd be back in time for prom," I replied.