0

^^^❤️❤️❤️

Her golden tresses were spread across my chest as she slept away. This was the first time I was at peace in a month and a half. I hadn't been entirely honest with her about the mission in Germany, but only because the truth would scare her.

The truth that she's really the reason why we were in Germany to begin with.

Franco isn't a stupid man, so he wouldn't go around telling people about Zero. However, someone on his team went blabbering about not only the existence of Zero, but about my girlfriend being Zero. Word got around the world fast, and Zero has some deadly enemies who are now targeting my girlfriend.

Something we hadn't anticipated.

Watching her sleep away offered me a kind of peace I was worried I wouldn't ever feel again. I wont lie and say that the Germans were easy to take down, because they weren't, but I would rather suffer for months, years even, before I will let anyone harm my blossom.

I didn't even realize that I'd been drawing circles on her arm, until she sighed. A little smile adorned her gorgeous face, and I could only imagine that she was having good dreams. Hell, I had good dreams, but reality was even better.

I finally got to do what I had been fighting to do from the very first day I met her. When she hit me with that textbook, I half expected her to apologize, but instead she looked at me like a deer caught in the headlights.

That was the first moment I was truly enraptured by her.

From then on, I found myself unable to resist her. I wanted her, wanted to bring her into my world. For the first time in my life, I wanted someone to actually get to know the real me, and eight months down the line, here we are, celebrating our sixth month anniversary.

Everyone who knows about us at the organization was not only surprised to learn that I had a civilian girlfriend, but that I had committed myself to her as well. Given my history of turbulent flings, I don't think anyone expected me to get into a committed relationship.

But my blossom makes it worth it.

There are so many other things she has to learn about me, and so many things I wish I could tell her, but honestly speaking, my influence and rule breaking at the organization can only go so far, and I'm pretty sure Silver wouldn't mind reminding me of that.

"Aren't you meant to be sleeping?" she murmured. Her eyes were still closed.

"I'm just thinking," I replied.

"Well think quieter. You're disturbing some of us who have been completely exhausted," she said with a smile, her eyes still closed.

"What's got you so exhausted ánthos mou?" I asked as I flipped us over. [my blossom]

"Look here mister. You're sexy enough speaking English. Don't destroy my hormones by speaking Greek. And for the record, you meant to ask who's got me so exhausted," she replied, her enchanting emerald orbs sparkling with what I could only pinpoint as happiness.

Despite the sass she was throwing my way.

"But I know who's got you exhausted. I also know that they want to exhaust you some more," I said cheekily, kissing down her neck.

"I want to stop you, but at the same time I don't," she moaned.

"Then don't," I said before having my way with her again.

Eight months was definitely worth the wait.

I wanted to wait with her because I wanted to prove to myself that this isn't some meaningless fling. I've slept with enough girls to know that none of them can offer me anything emotionally, which is why I did things differently with Noelle.

The sexual chemistry was there from the very first day we met, which is what terrified me. I knew then that if acted on my impulses, I stood to lose what could potentially be a great relationship, and boy am I glad I listened to myself.

Because now I have the best girlfriend in the world, whom I have no intentions of ever leaving.

I collapsed beside her as she giggled breathlessly. "If I didn't know better, I would think you're working off six months of frustration on me."

"Try eight," I corrected.

She flushed a beautiful crimson. "Really?"

"From the very first shiner you gave me. You have no idea just how much I lo-"

My phone buzzed beside the bed, and I would've ignored it if it was anyone else calling. I picked it up and answered, only to be met by noise. I hung up and she called again, and the same thing ended up happening again.

"What's wrong?" my beautiful girlfriend asked as I stood up.

"There's some interference with my phone call. I'm going to try and see if I can get better reception outside," I replied.

"Ok! Hurry back," she said with a cute pout. I leaned down and kissed it away.

"I promise," I said just as my phone started ringing again.

I went outside before answering it. I could only hear fragments. "Six!"

"Nadia?" I said, but I still couldn't hear her. I moved further away.

"Six...get...there," was all I caught. I moved even further away and for a few minutes, I couldn't hear anything.

"Nadia, I can't hear you. Someone is messing with the frequency here," I told her, hoping she could hear me.

Finally the noise stopped and I could hear her clearly.

"OH GOD! XANDER GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!"

"What?" I asked.

And that's when it happened.

The cabin blew up behind me. Because of my moving around, I was far enough from it to not get injured. Instead, I watched it go up in flames as complete dread filled every fibre of my body. I left the love of my life in that cabin.

What the hell just happened?