Chapter 10: Pitch's lair

Jack's POV

I woke up weary and weak in a cage. I looked around and saw Merida lying on the floor of our cage. I rushed over to her and shook her.

"Merida wake up!" I said. She didn't budge.

"Flame head wake up!" I said and shoved her.

She woke up surprised and punched me in the throat as a reaction.

Owwww why!!!!!!

I started to gasp for air.

"Jack don't scare me like that! Yer lucky I didn't burn you to a crisp!!"

"Well you didn't........have to..........punch me ...........in the throat." I panted.

"Sorry, now where are we and where's hiccup!" She said.

I regained my breath and stated "Pitch's lair."

"I'm over here guys." Hiccup said from across the way in a separate cage.

"Good I see you all are up." Said pitch from the corner of his lair.

Hiccup's POV

"Now why don't we make this easy-" pitch was interupted.

"Can ye not stand so close to me your gonna give me a cold!" Merida yelled.

"Hey I can't help it this cage is small and why don't you move over you're causing me to melt and your hair keeps getting in my face!" Jack yelled back.

"Boo hoo the snowflake is getting a little hair in his face!" She yelled

"Shut up both of you!" Pitch yelled.

"You know you really shouldn't have put them in the same cage they argue a lot." I said.

"Yeah I mean Hiccup I'd be fine with but HIM!" Merida pointed at Jack. "Well you might as well be asking for a disturbance."

"Yeah and why does Hiccup get his own cage! I'm the one whose been here more than once I think The least you can do is get me my own cage." Jack replied.

"Shut up! Are they always like this?" Pitch asked me.

"Yup but this is nothin try traveling in a sleigh with them for three hours." I stated.

"Hey!" They both shouted.

"What it's true." I said.

"Alright enough of this you all are either going to join me or stay here."

"I rather be handcuffed to the winter pixie over here." Merida replied.

"So be it." He said.

Merida and jack looked down and saw they were handcuffed.

"Noooo!" They both yelled.

"Hiccup? You've shown great strength come join me and be rid of these annoying creatures." Pitch said

"Hey!" They both yelled.

"Listen Pitch, these two may be annoying at times...." I started

"Thanks Hic." Merida said.

"If you would let me finish!" I said, "but their my friends, and I love them, one in more ways then one." I blushed thinking of Merida.

"I love you too Hiccup!" Shouted Jack sarcastically.

"Shut up" I said. "So I'm sorry but I'll have to decline."

"Well then I shall be leaving alone then, Penelope!" He shouted as he left the cave to spread more nightmares.

She came up and began to rise her fist. I closed my eyes waiting for the pain but it never came. I heard a loud slam. I opened my eyes to see Rapunzel standing with a frying pan over an unconscious Penelope. "Never hurt my friends or I won't be so nice next time." She unlocked my cage and gave me a hug.

"Rapunzel!" Jack yelled.

Rapunzel unlocked Jack and Merida's cage and hugged him. "I'm so sorry I let him take you." She cried she looked at him and shockingly kissed him right there and then. Merida looked shocked, Rapunzel looked at Merida funny and then leaped on her. Which made all three of them fall over.

"You're not going to kiss me are you?" Merida said sarcastically

"Why are you both-" Rapunzel stared.

"Tell you later just try to get this thing off of us!" Yelled Merida.

She tried but it wouldn't budge. "We'll have to wait until we get to the workshop the yetis can get you two disconnected."

They both sighed in anger and frustration.

"Well that's jus great!" Merida said.

Merida's POV

We got out of Pitch's lair and found Toothless and the sleigh in our hideout. Unfortunately me and Jack had to ride in the sleigh together. While Hiccup and Rapunzel went onto Toothless.

"You know you don't have to be so hotheaded all the time." Jack said as we were flying.

"You're the one who starts it!" I said.

"I'm just playing, I know this may sound weird but I actually care about you Red." He said.

"Oh yeah like I believe that, you always try to get on my nerves!" I said.

"Well it's funny..." He smirked.

I glared at him.

"And it reminds me of how I used to tease my sister." He said seriously.

"You had a sister?"

"Yup she was a lot like you stubborn, whiney, but caring and fun." He said

"You do remind of my brothers you all are wee devils." I laughed.

"See I actually don't hate you!" He said.

"It's shocking but I don't hate you either." I said.

"But you hurt Rapunzel I'll set ye on fire." I stated.

"Deal, so have you made your move with mr Dragon boy?" He asked.

I blushed. "I don't know what you are talking about."

"Uh huh okay, but I think he might actually for some weird reason like you. I don't know someone told me ooh who was it?!" He said playfully.

"Frost!" I yelled.

"Come on guys you're going so slow!" Cried Rapunzel from Toothless.

"Yeah what are you guys even talking about to make you go that slow." Hiccup asked.

Jack opened his mouth.

"Not a word snowball or I will set ye on fire!"

"Fine!" He yelled. "Nothing!"