Chapter 1

Allie Harrington. That's who I was born and at the moment I wish I could be somebody else. Okay, so here's the thing. I just found out my boyfriend was a lying two timer. He was apparently dating some girl named Courtney before he even met me. How'd I find out? Well I'll tell ya.

I was tanning at the beach with Carlyle, my now ex, when he claimed he had to go rinse off in the water because he was all sandy. About an half hour later he still wasn't back and I was getting worried because I was afraid he might've drowned. I got off my towel and ran towards the lake. He was no where to be seen. So I kept running around looking for him for an hour and got thirsty. I went to go get a bottle of water from the vending machine by the bathrooms. When I turned to leave I saw him lip locking with another girl by the bathroom. My heart broke. I snuck up on them and then I poured the water on his head and ran away crying. Of course he ran after me so I slapped him in the face and I ran away again but this time he didn't follow me.

When I got home I went on facebook and saw the same girl he was sucking face with at the beach posted on his wall. I clicked on her profile and her recent status was 'Happy one year anniversary Carlyle. I love you babe<3'. We were only going out for three months so that's how I knew he was already in a relationship before he asked me out.

So right now I'm in my room burning all my pictures of him. It's been a few days since I found out. I'm not sad anymore now I'm just angry. No, furious.

I heard a knock on the door. "Come in."

My mom's boyfriend's son Nathan walked in. I had a huge crush on him before I started going out with Carlyle.

"Hey. I heard," he told me.

"Yeah?" I asked as I continued to rip the pictures of Carlyle off the wall and throw them in the bucket where I'm going to take to the fireplace later.

"Yeah. Are you okay?"

"Never better," I said sarcastically. "I can't believe I wasted three months of my life with that jerk."

"Well at least now you'll get to be with the right person," he said getting closer to me.

"Wh-what do you m-mean?" I stuttered.

"I mean I like you Allie. I just got you back. I don't want to lose you again. You're mine now. I own you."

"Okay first of all, you don't have me back because I was never yours in the first place. Second, you don't own me."

He chuckled as he got closer to me. I backed up until I hit the wall. "Oh I think I do." I opened my mouth to protest but he pressed his lips to mine. I responded by pulling him closer. I deepened the kiss until I realized what I was doing. I pushed him away.

"Don't you dare kiss me again." I walked out of the room and slammed the door shut. I heard the door open again as I made my way into the kitchen.

"Come on. I know you want me."

"Why would I want you? I just got out of a relationship. Besides, I don't want some arrogant jerk who thinks he owns me." When the last sentence left my mouth I was pushed against the wall.

"I own you. You like me. I know it. And I like you so I don't see the problem."

"Oh give me a break." I pushed him away from me and walked back over to the fridge. I grabbed a coke and headed into the living room. I turned on the tv and flicked through all the movies on demand. I felt Nathan sit down next to me.

"Hey, don't be like that." He put his arm around me and I immediately removed it. He frowned but kept it down. Instead he intertwined his fingers with mine. I glared at him.

"If you want to keep that face I suggest you remove your hand from mine right now." He quickly removed his hand and held them up in surrender. I continued to flick through all the movies when I came to Valentine's Day. I pressed play. I heard Nathan groan.

"Do we really have to watch this?"

"Oh shut up and stop complaining. If you don't want to watch it you can leave."

"You sound like my mother." I rolled my eyes but didn't say anything. A few minutes into the movie he asked, "Why don't you like me?"

"You're really asking that?"

"Yes and I want an answer."

"Does it have to be right now?"

"Yes."

I groaned and faced him. "Well you think you own me when you don't and that just proves how big of a jerk you are. And I admit I used to like you but now I just think you're another one of those guys who thinks they own everything."

He smiled knowing I did used to have feelings for him. "I knew you liked me. Also, I'm not a jerk and I don't think I own everything. Just you. I have a major crush on you and I've wanted to tell you for a long time but you were with Nathan. And now that I have my chance I'm telling you how I really feel. I don't want to lose you and that's why I said I own you. I hope you understand."

I was speechless for a moment. Finally I said, "You're still a jerk."

He sighed. "I will get you to fall for me again eventually." That's when the conversation ended and we started watching the movie again.