Chapter 12

*2 months later*

It's been two months since Kyler asked me to marry him. The day after he asked me I told him that I still want to marry Nathan and he finally accepted my decision. We decided to be friends, though, and so far it's been working out great. We text daily and hang out once every week. Another good thing is that Nathan doesn't get jealous when I tell him I'm hanging out with Kyler. I think he finally stopped being insecure about me still loving Kyler. He realizes now that I love him and only him.

Our wedding day is a week from now and I'm so excited. I'm also a little nervous and overwhelmed, too. There's been so many tasks I've had to complete, like picking out bridemaids dresses and a wedding dress for myself, though it wasn't as hard as trying to put together a list of who's invited.

I'm also nervous about moving away from my mom. I already moved in with Nathan shortly after he proposed to me but once we're married we agreed we want to move out of town. It just doesn't feel like a good town to start a family. I feel horrible about leaving my mom, though. She's not married to my father anymore obviously, and I was an only child so she basically won't have anyone to talk to once I'm gone. But then again, she does have friends and it's not like Nathan and I aren't going to visit every once in a while.

Anyway, Nathan is out of state visiting his mom and step-father for a day and he'll be home tomorrow night. He left this morning. Kyler and I decided to go get frozen yogurt so that's what we're doing at the moment.

"Cotton candy," I heard him tell the worker, and the worker turned to me after giving the fro yo to Kyler.

"Strawberry," I told him. He fixed it and handed it to me. "Thanks."

"So," Kyler began as he handed the guy money, "Are you excited about getting married?"

"Yeah. And a bit overwhelmed," I admitted.

"Yeah, I would be too." He started walking over to a booth in the shop and I followed. "Who's the maid of honor?"

"Emily." I dipped my spoon into the frozen yogurt and put it in my mouth, enjoying the taste.

"She's your cousin, right?" He met her a few times when we dated in high school. He hasn't seen her since we broke up, though. I'm surprised he actually remembered her.

"Yeah," I replied.

He nodded. "Cool." There was a pause. "So guess what?"

"Hmm?" I said because my mouth was full so I couldn't answer properly.

"I met someone."

I stared at him with a shocked expression. He met someone? "Really? That's great! I'm so happy for you! What's her name?"

"Megan." He looked down. "We're not dating, though."

I frowned. "Oh. Why not?"

He brought his gaze back up to me. "I don't know. I mean, she's cool. I like her and I'm pretty sure she likes me, but to be honest I'm still in love with you."

I sighed. I was afraid he would pass up a relationship because of that. "Kyler, I'm about to get married next week. You need to move on. We broke up a few years ago. It's not like it was recent."

He sighed. "I know. You're right. And I do like Megan a little."

"So ask her out! See where it goes!"

He started to smile. "You know what? I might just do that."

I smiled back. "Good." There was a pause as we both took a spoonful of frozen yogurt. "So where did you meet her?"

I laid in mine and Nathan's bed at eight o'clock while I waited for Nathan to get home. The tv was playing MTV in the background and I had a notepad out so I could continue some tasks I still need to get done for the wedding. Luckily this task isn't as difficult as the other tasks I had.

"Allie?" I heard a voice say from outside of the room and a smile spread out on my face. He's home!

"In here!" I replied. Not even five seconds later the door opened.

Nathan walked in looking hella sexy in a plaid shirt and khakis. A smile lit up on his face when he saw me. "Hey!" He dropped the suitcase he was carrying and ran over to where I was now standing by the bed. He enveloped me in a hug. "I missed you!"

"I missed you, too," I replied as I hugged him tighter. Yeah, he's only been gone for a couple days but true loves makes you miss the person no matter how long it's been since you've seen each other.

We stood in each other's arms for a long moment before we pulled away. "How was seeing your mom and step-father?"

"It was good. Mom is even happier than the last time I saw her, and Steve isn't half bad. I beat him at basketball." His mom just got remarried a few months ago and he didn't get to go to the wedding. He just met Steve for the first time yesterday.

"That's great! Does Steve have any kids?" I asked.

He nodded. "Just one. Her name is Lacey and she's the cutest thing ever. She's only five."

I smiled. "That's good. I can't wait to meet them at the wedding. Well, Steve and Lacey, anyway." I paused. "They are coming to the wedding, right?"

He laughed. "Of course."

I laughed. "Okay. Is your dad coming too?"

He laughed again. "Yeah."

"Okay. So I need to keep him away from my mom and your mom then."

He laughed once again. "Why?"

"Well wouldn't it be awkward? Your parents are divorced and he used to date my mom."

"Yeah, but he ended on good terms with my mom and from what he told me it sounds like he ended on good terms with your mom, too."

"Oh. Okay, good."

He laughed again. We climbed into our bed, and he put his arm around me as I laid my head on his chest. After that we were silent for a moment and we just laid in bed cuddling. "I just realized how awkward the way we met is."

"How?"

"We met through our parents dating."

"Oh." I laughed. "You're right."

He laughed too, and we went back into a moment of silence and cuddling. "I love you, Allie."

I smiled and shifted my body so I was looking up at him. "I love you too, Nathan." And with that I kissed him.