Chapter 6

We got back from the beach late. Nathan headed off to bed and Emily and Kevin were doing who knows what. I stood on the balcony and looked at the stars. I was out there for a few minutes when I felt a pair of arms around me.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Wait a minute, that's not Nathan's voice. I turned around to see... Carlyle?

"What are you doing here?" I asked angrily.

"I came to find you. I miss you Allie. I'm so sorry. But I love you and I want you back. I broke up with Courtney so I can be with you."

"Well you are not forgiven and I have a boyfriend."

He frowned. "That's not possible. We broke up just two weeks ago."

"Well it's possible. And I love him."

"You don't love him. You haven't even been with him for a month yet. Unless you cheated on me too."

"I do love him and I've loved him for a year. But I didn't cheat on you. I'm not a low life like you."

At first he looked mad but then his face softened. "I said I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

"Never."

"Please?" He started getting closer and I backed up until I was at the railing.

He was about to kiss me when I was saved by someone saying, "Get away from her." I turned around and saw Nathan standing at the stairs. He looked angry.

"Who are you?" Carlyle asked and I sensed a feeling of deja vu.

"Her boyfriend and I suggest you get away from her before I rearrange your face."

"You really did move on," Carlyle said and looked upset.

"I moved on since I found out you were cheating on me." An expression crossed his face. One of guilt. Well he should be guilty. He cheated on me and now he's asking for forgiveness! Yeah, right! I thought sarcastically.

"I'm sorry but why don't you come back to me and leave this egghead?" After that sentence came out of his mouth Nathan punched him in the face and he fell backwards. "What the heck?!"

"Leave my girl alone. She doesn't want you," Nathan said angrily.

"Maybe she does. You don't know what she wants."

"He's right. I don't want you. You'd probably just cheat on me again. I want Nathan." I intertwined my fingers with Nathan's and he smiled.

"Fine. Whatever. I don't need you. A lot of girls want me." He pushed Nathan but he didn't budge. He huffed angrily and walked away.

"Are you okay?" Nathan asked concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"He didn't kiss you, did he?"

"No. He was about to but you came just in time."

"Okay. Good. You're mine and don't you forget it."

I laughed. "I know. No need to be possessive."

"Well I just want to make sure you know you belong to me. Forever."

"Forever is only for marriage."

"I know. Someday I plan on marrying you." I smiled. He wants to marry me someday. For some reason that made my heart leap.

**************

Today is the last day for our family reunion. I've had a lot of fun. Yesterday I went white water rafting with the whole family and Nathan and his dad. Nathan and I are spending the whole day together. Like a date that lasts all day.