Chapter 3

My mom and I walked into the hotel where our family reunion is taking place. It was sort of fancy. My mom went to the front desk to check in and I just sat down in a chair. I was texting my friend Elizabeth when I saw Nathan walk in with his dad. His eyes were wandering and he smiled when they landed on me. He walked over and sat down beside me.

"Hey!" He hugged me.

"Why are you so cheerful?"

"Why wouldn't I be? I get to spend a week at a family reunion with my wonderful girlfriend."

I smiled. He's so sweet. "You're sweet."

"Not that sweet."

"Allie, we're all set to go to our room," my mom told me.

"Okay. I guess I'll meet you later."

"Alright." He gave me a quick peck on the lips and then I walked away with my mom. My mom put the room card in the card swiper and I followed her into the room.

"Okay, this is your bed," she said pointing to a pull-out bunk bed.

"Okay." I put my suitcase on my bed and sat on top of it. I decided to unpack so I took my clothes out and put them in a dresser. When I finished I texted Nathan to see where he was. He was in the lobby heading to the park.

"Mom, can I go to the park with Nathan?"

"Okay but be back in an hour. We're having dinner with our whole family."

"Alright." I grabbed the room card and my Droid and headed to the lobby. I finally reached the lobby after a few minutes and saw Nathan sitting in a chair. He wasn't facing my direction so I snuck up on him. I was right behind him and he didn't notice.

"Hey," I said and he jumped and turned around. I bursted out laughing.

"Don't do that!" he said.

"I'm sorry." We walked to the park hand in hand. "So are you sitting by me at dinner?"

"Of course! Why wouldn't I?"

"I didn't know if you were going to sit by your family."

"Oh. Well unless my mom is going to make me I'm on planning on it."

"Okay." We finally got to the park. I saw one of those things you stand on and swing it around. I don't know what they're called. I ran over to it and stood on it. Nathan stood beside me.

"Spin me," I told him.

"Yes ma'am." He spun me around and it was fun. A few minutes later he stopped. "My turn!" I jumped off and he got on. I was about to spin him when I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw....

"Emily!" I said happily and ran over o her to give her a hug. "I haven't seen you in forever!"

"I know! We used to hang out all the time!" she agreed. "What happened?"

"I don't know. I guess we've been too busy."

"Yeah. With school and stuff."

"Well it's summer now. We should hang out again. I miss having my best friend around."

"Me too."

I heard footsteps come up beside me. "Who's this?" Nathan asked.

"Oh. Nathan, this is my cousin Emily. She's also my best friend. Emily, this is my boyfriend Nathan."

"He's cute," she whispered to me.

"He's mine," I whispered back half jokingly.

"I know. I wouldn't do that to you."

I laughed. "I know."

"So what happened to Carlyle?" she asked.

"Oh, a week and a few days ago I found out he was cheating on me. He also had a girlfriend before he even met me."

"Oh I'm sorry. That sucks."

"Yeah but on the bright-side I got someone who will treat me right," I said as I intertwined my fingers with Nathan's. He smiled.

"That's the good thing," Emily agreed.

I looked back at the playground. "Race ya!" I said and ran to the steps of the playground. I heard their footsteps behind me. I ran on the playground and slid down the swirly slide. When I reached the bottom I felt a pair of lips on mine. I opened my eyes to make sure it was Nathan's and when I saw it is I closed my eyes and kissed him back. We pulled away and I stood up.

"I love you."

"I.. I love you too," I said realizing that I do. It's been a day and I already love him. Soon I won't be able to live without him.

He smiled. "Really? You do?"

"Yes."

"You don't know how long I've been waiting to hear you say those words. Say it again."

I rolled my eyes. "I love you, you idiot!" He grinned ear to ear. We walked hand in hand back to Emily and we headed back to the hotel.