Chapter 7

Ever since he asked me what I would say if he asked me to marry him a month ago he hasn't been talking to me much. I feel like he's ignoring me on purpose and it hurts. I'm scared that at any moment he's going to break up with me.

Right now I'm at my house getting ready to go hang out with Emily. We started hanging out a lot again when we reunited at the family reunion. I heard a knock at the door and opened it. It was Nathan.

"Allie, we need to talk." Oh, no. It's coming. The break up. I felt tears already forming in my eyes.

"O-okay. Come in." We headed to the couch and I sat down.

"Look, I'm sorry that I haven't talked to you lately it's just there's a lot going on. I can't tell you what but I'm just sorry. I'll talk to you more though and come over more often. I hope you'll forgive me. I love you." I sighed relieved.

"I forgive you. And I love you too." He smiled and kissed me. When we broke apart he wrapped his arms around me. "I thought you were breaking up with me," I admitted.

"I would never break up with you. I'm too in love with you." I gasped. He's told me that he loves me a bunch of times but he's never told me he's in love with me. There's a big difference between love and being in love."

"I'm in love with you too." He smiled.

"Let's go out tonight. I know this restaurant. It's really romantic. I think you'd love it."

I smiled. "Okay."

//6 months later//

Next week is Emily's wedding and I'm excited to go. I get to dance with my friends and hopefully a cute guy asks to dance with me.

Nathan and I split about two weeks ago. As shocking as it is I moved on. We didn't break up because we weren't in love anymore but because we didn't have time for each other. It's probably for the best we broke up.

I was watching tv when I heard a knock at the door. I got up and opened the door.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Emily said cheerfully with a dress in her hand.

"What's the dress for?" I asked and we walked into the living room.

"This is your bridesmaid's dress."

My jaw dropped. "Seriously? It's gorgeous!" The dress was a sleeveless long, lilac dress crinkled at the end.

"I picked it out myself."

"You have good taste, my friend." I can't wait to wear this. "So are you nervous?"

"Yeah. A little. I love Kevin though and I can't wait to be married to him next week."

"You too make a great couple." She smiled. "So who's the groomsman who's walking me down?"

"Oh, about that...." She looked guilty. "It's Nathan." Just then I felt my world stop.