Chapter 8

Today is Emily's wedding and I'm not so excited anymore. Why does Nathan have to be going? Maybe I could tell her I'm sick? No, I can't do that to her. I guess I just have to go.

I parked the car and walked into the church. I saw Emily talking to the other bridesmaids and groomsmen. Her wedding dress was gorgeous.

"Hey Emily," I said.

"Allie! Hey!" She gave me a hug. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks. You look gorgeous yourself."

"Oh, thank you."

Her mom, my aunt, came over. "We're about to start."

We talked until the wedding started. The bridesmaids walked down the isle with the groomsmen and then it was my turn. "Hi Allie. You look beautiful."

I looked next to me and saw Nathan in a tux and he looked, I have to admit, handsome. "Thanks."

"Shall we?" He held his arm out for me to take. I hesitated but took it anyway. We started walking and I was forcing a smile.

The flower girl came down and then Emily. Soon the wedding vows started but I wasn't paying much attention. I was too busy thinking about Nathan.

//Wedding reception//

The wedding reception was at the beach and it was beautiful. The dancing just started and right now it's the slow dancing. I watched everyone slow dancing except a few people.

All of a sudden I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Nathan. "Will you dance with me?" he asked.

I was speechless for a second but finally I got my voice back. "No, I can't."

"Please? Just one dance?" I was about to say no again when I saw the hope in his eyes.

"Okay. Just one dance." He smiled and grabbed my hand as we walked onto the dance floor. We danced for what felt like hours and dancing with him made me start to fall for him again like the first time we ever danced together.

"Take a walk with me," he said once the song ended. I shook my head no but he didn't take that as an answer. We were walking along the pier on the beach when he suddenly stopped. "I still love you, you know?" I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything. "I know we broke up but I'm going to take a chance anyway." I was confused until he got down on one knee. I gasped. "Allie, I still love you and I miss you. I want to be with you forever. It hurts to be away from you. Will you marry me?" he asked and held out a ring box.

Tears started flowing but I didn't care at the moment. I was too shocked. "I... I..." I didn't know what to say.

He sighed. "Okay. I tried." He put the ring box back in his pocket. He started to walk again but I stopped him.

"I didn't say no. I was just too shocked."

He turned around to look at me. Seeing the look on his face made me cry harder. He saw and touched my cheek gently to wipe the tears away. "Don't cry. If you don't want to marry me it's okay." I saw the hurt and lust in his eyes.

"I think I do," I said realizing that I'm in love with him again.

"You do?" he asked with hope.

"Yeah. I'll marry you." I smiled. He smiled too and picked me up and spun me around.

"That is the best thing anyone could ever say to me." I smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Should we walk back to the reception?"

"Yeah. We probably should." We started our walk back to the reception hand in hand. Not long after we made it back. They were playing fast songs now including my favorite song You Make Me Feel Good by Cobra Starship. "This is my favorite song! Let's dance!" I grabbed his hand and ran onto the dance floor in the sand. We danced and had a good time. But eventually a fun day has to come to an end.