Chapter 4

It was dinner time and I sat down next to Nathan. "So do you want to go to the beach tomorrow?"

"Of course! I love the beach!"

"Okay. It's a plan."

"Can I invite Emily?"

"Of course. You can invite anyone you want."

"Sweet." Emily came over with a guy next to her.

"Hey Allie. This is my boyfriend Kevin."

"Hi. Nice to meet you," I said politely and shook his hand.

"You too." Emily sat on the other side of me and Kevin sat next to her other side.

"So Nathan and I were going to go to the beach tomorrow. Would you guys like to come?"

"Yeah, sure. That sounds fun. And you and I, Allie, have some catching up to do," Emily said.

"I know." Just then Kevin stood up.

"Everybody can I have your attention please?" he yelled. Our whole family quieted and looked at him. He turned to Emily and took her hand. Then he got down on one knee. I heard her gasp and saw a tear fall from her eye. "Emily, we've been going out for a few months now and I'm in love with you. I want to be with you forever. Will you marry me?"

All our family members went, "Aww!"

"Yes!" she said and threw her arms around him. He slipped the ring on her finger. Everybody went back to eating and Kevin sat back down.

"Congratulations Emily!" I said.

"Thanks! I'm so happy! Will you be one of my bridesmaids?"

"Of course!"

"Great." We talked and ate until we finished. When I stood up to go back to the room I heard someone say my name. I turned around....

"Grandma! Grandpa!" said and gave them a hug.

"Hello Allie. How are you dear?" my grandma asked.

"I'm great. How are you guys?"

"I'm doing well," my grandpa replied.

"We missed you," grandma said.

"I missed you guys too!" I felt an arm go around my shoulder. I turned to see Nathan. "Grandma and grandpa, this is my boyfriend Nathan. He's also my mom's boyfriend's son."

"Hello. It's nice to meet you," grandma said and shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet you too."

"Well we're going to let you go. You probably have something to do," grandma said.

"Yeah, kind of."

"We'll see you later alright?"

"Okay. Bye." I hugged them and then they walked away.

"Want to go play video games?" Nathan asked.

"Maybe later. Right now I was going to go see my family."

"Okay."

"You can come and meet them if you want."

"Sure. I have nothing else to do." I walked back over to the dinner table and he followed. I saw everyone talking to other people expect my aunt and uncle so I decided to say hi to them first. I made my way to them and tapped my aunt on the back.

"Hi Aunt Rachel."

"Allie, hi!" she hugged me. "How are you doing?"

"I'm great, how about you?"

"I'm good."

"Hi Allie," my uncle said.

"Hi Uncle Tom. Oh guys, meet my boyfriend Nathan."

"Hi Nathan," Aunt Rachel said.

"Hello."

"He's cute," she whispered to me.

I laughed. "I know. Emily told me the same thing."

"Well she is my daughter. We should have a lot in common."

"Yeah, true."

"Well I'm going to go help clean up in the kitchen. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay. Bye." They walked away so I talked to the rest of my family members on my mom's side. Finally I was able to go up to my room.

"I'm tired," I said.

"Me too. We should go to bed."

"It's too early. I think I'll try to stay up late."

"But we have to wake up early. My dad told me that breakfast is at seven."

"Okay then in that case I'm going to bed. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Can't I sleep over?"

"Maybe if our parents are okay with it."

"Okay."

"I'll text my mom."I grabbed my Droid and texted her. Within seconds she replied.

"She said yes."

"My dad said yes too."

"Okay. You get top bunk."

"Alright."

"I'll be right back." I went over to the dresser and grabbed my pjs. Then I walked to the bathroom and changed. I walked back to the bunk bed and climbed in the bottom bunk.

"Night Allie," he said and gave me a quick kiss.

"Night Nathan."

He climbed up to the top. I closed my eyes and fell into a wonderful sleep.