Rest

Thankfully, Stevie was released from the hospital the following day, receiving strict orders from the doctor to rest, rest, rest. She also left in much higher spirits, since now she knew about Lindsey's fears and all the things he told her about not wanting the baby weren't true. She was so glad and relieved that wasn't really the case and hearing him say that he already loved their girl or boy growing inside of her brought a big smile to her face and happy tears to her eyes.

Now Lindsey was taking on the role of a stay at home male nurse, as he called himself, and Stevie thought it was absolutely ridiculous, but if it brightened up her day, that was all he could ask for, especially because he was feeling a little guilty. 

Although, Stevie wouldn't be herself if the second Lindsey left the house, she didn't get out of bed. Also, Anna was battling a cold and she wasn't going to let her daughter suffer through it on her own. 

Knocking on the door softly, Stevie pushed it open, seeing Anna in bed, her face puffy, a tissue in hand, that she kept dabbing under her nose with every few seconds. "You cannot be in here, Mom. You can't get sick."

"I won't, sweetie, but I can't leave you like this either. You look horrible."

"Thanks!" Anna rolled her eyes. Christine McVie might be just her godmother, but some of that sarcasm with the name Anna, with the alteration of one letter, surely had rubbed off on the teenager. 

"How about I'll go make you some soup? It will warm you up."

"I'm burning up as it is."

"Well, you're going to have to burn some more, because I'm bored out of my mind in that bed and I need something to do!" 

"Mother of the Year!"

"Love you, baby."

"Love you, too Mommy."

The wonderful relationship she had with her kids, was all Stevie had ever asked for, once she found out she was expecting Sara way back in 1978. She couldn't say they never fought and none of the three never slammed the door to their room, while she was lecturing them, but that was nothing compared to the love they all had for each other in this family. 

While Stevie was keeping herself busy in the kitchen, the ringing of the phone startled her, as she quickly wiped off her hands and went to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Mom!"

"Sara, hey! How are you?"

"I'm... I'm actually pretty amazing. And you?"

"Good, good. Things are good."

"Look, I'm not going to dance around here. How do you feel about Todd and I coming over for dinner? We have some exciting news to share with you and the rest."

"I think that's fabulous. When should we be expecting you?"

"Say... around 7?"

"Brilliant. See you then, honey."

Entering Anna's room again, Stevie made sure to be quiet, in case she was sleeping. Stevie put the bowl of soup on the nightstand by the bed and sat down on the edge, running a hand through Anna's hair, waking her up. 

"You're hungry?"

"Yeah." Anna nodded, her voice groggy as she sat up.

"Here." Stevie placed the bowl in her lap and filled a spoonful. "Open up."

"You are not seriously feeding me."

"Well, it looks like I am."

"You can feed the baby when it gets here."