01.

Ali

My soon-to-be stepbrother and stepmum enter the house with the last of their boxes.

"Go help your brother and I'll help your mum." My dad tells me.

I sigh and he puts a hand on my shoulder. "I know this is a big adjustment but please just cooperate. At least for me." My dad pecks my forehead before heading over to his fiancée, Anne.

"Hi Anne!" I smile as I grab one of the boxes from Ashton.

"Ali, I told you call me mum." She reminds me before hugging my dad.

"Will do, mum." I say heading upstairs to Ashton's room, him following close behind.

"It's the beginning of summer, I want to be with friends and partying; not unpacking and helping plan a damn wedding." Ashton finally speaks as I help him unpack.

"Trust me, the feeling is mutual. I have to help with your shit and the wedding as well." I sit down on the edge of his bed strumming a few notes on his guitar.

Our parents have been engaged for awhile now and are now moving in together. They are planning on getting married later this summer in August, so they felt it just made sense. Ashton and I have grown to become pretty close, almost like actual brother and sister.

"Do you think I could have them over?" Ashton questions.

"I don't know why the hell you would ask me." I laugh placing the guitar down. "I'm not the one who makes the rules. Just text them to come over and then mum and dad can't say no because it'd be rude and they love your friends." I then suggest and Ashton's face lights up.

"When did you become so brilliant?" Ashton comments his eyes glued to his phone as he types away.

"You're welcome." I mutter.

"They are on their way over." Ashton grins.

"Have I met these people before?" I question so I could know if I should change out of my sweatpants and t-shirt or not care.

"It's just Luke. So don't worry about making yourself look decent." He explains shoving a bunch of clothes in his drawers.

"You know me so well."

"Let's hope that idiot knows how to get here." He mumbles.

"You're so nice, I bet Luke is very intelligent." I argue.

"That is the funniest joke ever." Ashton laughs to himself before we hear Anne call for Ashton.

"It's nice to see you! Ashton's upstairs, you can go help him and Ali unpack." Mum says.

"Of course, Anne." Luke's voice sounds.

"Holy shit, it looks like a tornado hit this place." A Luke yells as soon as he enters the room.

"Yeah, now help me." Ashton commands like he was his slave.

"Sorry man, not happening. This is your room." Luke shrugs sitting down on the bed next to me. "Hola Ali."

"Hola Lucas." I ruffle his hair making him cuss under his breath since I messed up his "perfect quiff".

I head downstairs to the kitchen to see my dad and mum going over a bunch of wedding plans. I sit on the counter next to my dad watching as they set up where everyone is going sitting.

"We got this place booked, right?" Mum asks.

"You bet." My dad says confidently. "Ashton is inviting his friends to the wedding, do you want Emily and Lauren to come too?" He turns his attention to me.

"Sure." I shrug.

"Also, would like to be my maid of honor?" She asks lots of hope in her face.

"I'd love too." I smile widely.

"Ali, in a dress? That's a funny joke." Ashton startles us. He begins laughing and Luke smiles trying not to laugh at Ashton.

I respond with a simple middle finger. My dad gives me a look and I just shrug making him laugh a little.

"Ash, want to me my best man?"

"He might need help with the tie." Luke warns, making both him and I laugh.

"Shut up, Luke. But yeah, that's sounds cool." Ashton nods before Luke nudges him as if to remind him something. "Hey, Luke and I are heading to Michael's place in a half an hour." Ashton tell our parents.

"Ali, you should go." My dad suggest.

"N-" I couldn't even get one word out before Ashton answers for me.

"We would be glad to take her." Ashton adds in.

"Thanks." I mumble rolling my eyes. "It's a party, isn't it?" I ask the two boys as we get upstairs.

"You bet." Ashton pats my head.

I put on some dark blue skinny jeans with a burgundy spaghetti strap crop top. I leave my hair in its natural straightness then put on some makeup before grabbing my shoes. I grab a purse before meeting the two boys in the car.

We drive for five minutes before arriving at the house. Alcohol and smoke filled my nose as I stepped out the car.

"Well shit." I mumble to myself.

•••••

Lol, I just edited this and I had to keep "A Luke yelled" so ignore that. Everyone found it funny, even I did. Gotta love typos! Chapters with dots are edited

-Gabby xx