23

Ali

I hold Michael's books as I walk with him to his locker. It was his first day back and he had crutches. His arm as healed, but his right leg wasn't so I was his assistant.

I place books in his locker and grab ones he needed next. "I love you." He chirps pecking my cheek.

"I love you too." I say quietly. "But there's people. So save it for later."

"So..." He says obviously caring less.

"So.. There is such thing as gossip and Ashton could find out." I inform him even though he already knew.

"I don't care." He states becoming taller as he is no longer slouching. "I want to be able to express my love. I want to walk through the school doors holding  your hand and show that you're mine. Kiss your cheek before and after every class and say I love you at the top of my lungs not being scared of what others will say."

"Mich-"

"No. I also want to be with you and not have to lie where you or I are. I want to be able to come up to the front door of your house before taking you on dates, not sneak around."

"Michael, we can't though." I sigh and that just made him extra frustrated.

"Yes we can. There's no rule against it." He argues.

"Quiet down, Ashton's coming." I shush the boy that was making both him and I frustrated.

"No." He says. "If you want to hide our relationship.. Maybe there shouldn't be one." My heart sunk, I had no clue what to say. I never thought Michael would say that, ever.

"What's going on?" Ashton asks his hands full of books, completely oblivious to our previous conversation.

"Noth-" I was cut off.

"Just expressing how much I love your sister and how I don't want to hide it any more." Michael tells Ashton nonchalantly.

"What?" Ashton questions, completely confused.

"I'm hopelessly in love with your sister. We've been official since the wedding but have been seeing each other behind your back for a little longer."

"What the hell Michael?!" I yell at him.

"You're lucky you're in crutches because you'd be on the ground so quickly." Ashton threatens between gritted teeth, he clenches his fist in fury.

"Ashton, I'm sorry." I plead. "I can't help who I fall for."

"I don't want to talk to you, ever. I strictly told you to not date my friends. It's not that hard." Ashton begins walking away.

"Ash-"

"Just get out of my life." He storms away as I stood there.

"He'll come around. He has too." Michael reassures me.

"Stop it. You told him, now he wants me out of his life. I wanted a family for once." I begin to shout at Michael. "But you ruined that. So don't kiss my ass thinking everything is alright."

"Sorry if I'm in love with you and want to spend my life with you. He had to know eventually."

"But I wasn't ready for that, now. Michael.. I think we should breakup."

"No, Alina. Please no." He begs.

"You weren't happy when we were hiding now I'm unhappy. Maybe- maybe we weren't meant to be." I say walking away.

"I love you so much, shortie. I'm nothing but happy when I'm with you." He crutches over to me as fast as I could.

"It's what's best." I sigh biting the corner of my lip.

"I-I guess you're right." He finally gives in. "I love you, Alina Faith."

"Bye, Clifford." I choke out, walking out of the school and going straight home.

Michael

It was over. Just like that. All because I'm a stupid fuck up. I let my true love get away. But like they say, if you love her, let her go.

I didn't want to. I put my crutches down deciding to use my boot and walk around.

Usually if I was upset of call Ali, but I clearly couldn't. I sat there all alone in my room. A recognizable feeling of loneliness takes over.

"Damnit, Michael. You really fucked up." I cry marking my body up with red marks.