17

Ali

It was the day before the wedding. Michael and I were rehearsing one last time before tomorrow night.

"Michael, you have to go higher at that part." I stop the song to tell Michael that.

"Yeah sorry." Michael mumbles, I've probably said it every time we've practiced the song. And it was frustrating me. "It sounds nice and pure, I don't get why we are still practicing. We sound great."

"But it's not perfect." I sigh.

"It doesn't matter, nothing is perfect. It sounds better without all the practice." Michael tells me.

"No it doesn't." I argue. Luckily no one was paying auto our argument because we would've caused a huge scene. The guys, along with Emily and Lauren were helping set up tables and decorations. "Just run it another time."

"We've sung it through like a thousand times today and it sounds fine." Michael says. "Plus you can't practice a duet with one person and no one on guitar." He taunts slinging his guitar behind his back and walking off the stage.

"Michael, what the hell?!" I raise my voice, running after him.

"We can sing the song, it sounds good, we can be done practicing." He states not looking at me as he continues to walk.

"But-" he cuts me off.

"I wanted to do this because first off your parents are amazing. Second I thought, I'll be able to be with Ali and not have to go behind Ashton's back. I thought it'd be fun to sing with you." Michael complains as he exits the banquet hall. "But the whole time you've been a control freak. I like you a lot, just whenever we have practice I don't know what to expect."

"Mike, stop." I plead running after him.

"You can practice on your own." He hands his guitar to me. "I'll see you tomorrow, shortie." Michael waves getting into his car.

"You're still going to preform tomorrow, right?" I question feeling really hurt.

"I don't know, is it practiced enough?" He snaps slamming the car door shut and driving away.

I was left there holding his guitar. I notice two papers blowing in away, I run after them. I grab them and look over the two papers, full of what looked like lyrics and chords. I instantly got an idea.

//

Ashton and I were the last to walk up the alter before mum met dad there.

I look at Michael in his suit, it fit him this time. I give him a slight smile, he notices but continues to look forward at the door waiting for the bride.

I take my place right next to one of Anne's best friends and I watch as my soon-to-be-mother walks down the isle. She meets up with my dad.

The priest says a few things before the pair say their vows. It was then my turn to share a speech.

"Uh hey everyone!" I smile. "You have no idea of how big of a milestone this is my dad and Ashton's mum coming together to create a new family. This wedding is a huge thing of breaking down walls and learning not to be afraid. After my mum was locked up and we moved to Melbourne we had no clue what was in store for us. We both had such huge walls built up, afraid to let people in because we didn't want to be hurt again. He was cautious when he met Anne but his walls were quickly broke down as we are now here at their wedding and I could never be prouder of my father. Meanwhile, mine are slowly being brought down thanks to a few people."

My eyes glance over to Michael who was fighting back a smile.

"But the main thing I'm trying to get across is, trust and don't be afraid when it comes to love. So chances you passed up could've been amazing opportunities. Don't be afraid to break down those walls. I love you mum and dad, I am so proud of the both of you and very happy with our new family." I finish handing the mic back to the priest and give the two a hug along with Ashton as everyone applauds.

The priest says a few more things before the 'I do's' were shared. My parents kiss and we all walk out.

I head over to Ashton outside. The bridesmaids and best men were waiting for the limo taking us to the reception hall. Mum and dad had already left and others were either still in the lobby or on their way to the hall.

"You did amazing." Ashton hugs me. "It was an amazing speech."

"I literally came up with an idea a few weeks ago and just based it off that." I laugh. "But you are officially an Irwin." I cheer.

"I know, it took long enough." He smiles pecking my cheek as we get into the limo. Michael was watching us the whole time, it was creepy but reassuring.

"I love you." I tell Ashton.

"I love you too, Ali."