[4]

Naruto had wanted to give Sasuke the handkerchief back but due to his bad memory, he forgot to bring it. He thought of telling Sasuke that he had left his hankerchief behind but decided against it. After all, that teme might not even want it back. It was just a handkerchief after all. Plus, did boys even use handkerchiefs? (A/N: like srsly do they?)

Iruka-sensei walked in the classroom and the students became quiet.

"Alright, class! Today you'll be working in pairs. We will be doing some fun activites this week, principal's orders."
(A/N: this is cliche af but i needed to do smth to reach to one of my plots since i dont wanna make plot holes yknow)

Naruto and the other students cheered happily but Iruka asked them to lower their voices with a nervous kind smile on his face.

"So now, take out a random paper from this box, no peeking. Each paper has a name and that person will be your partner. Sorry, only the half of you guys can pick the paper. The others have to... well, deal with it."

Naruto frowned. He was one of those half that didn't get to pick. Iruka looked at the people like him with a apologetic expression. Most of them didn't give two shits so Naruto tried to blend in with them, acting calm and cool and all.

Iruka passed the box around. Some students had disappointed looks and the others were either normal, don't care or happy.

Naruto waited with closed eyes. 'Please be someone I'm close with. Pleaseeee.'

He felt someone sat beside him and opened his eyes slowly.

Again. Sasuke.

"Oh, hey... " He wasn't expecting this.

"Hn."

Naruto looked away and pouted. This guy was surely hard to make a converstation with.

Iruka finally spoke up again, now with a bright smile as if trying to cheer up the students. Naruto guessed that he saw them like kids. Not like he minded it at all... "So the first activity you will be doing with your partner is...cooking! Make a meal that's related with something healthy. Only make one meal though and marks will be given on taste and presentation." Iruka breathed in then out and continued. "Unfortunately, we teachers can't provide with all the ingredients so you guys should discuss with your partner what to serve and buy the extra ingredients yourself."

Naruto blinked. He didn't really understand what Iruka-sensei had said but from what he did understood, he and Sasuke were to prepare a healthy dish. Ew, healthy.

Sakura raised her hand. "So, exactly how healthy must this dish be?" Naruto knew her meal was probably gonna be super healthy and nutritious. He felt sorry for her partner and realised it was Tenten. Ah. Tenten- as if sensing Naruto's glare, turned to him with raised eyebrows. Naruto simply scratched the back of his neck and grinned.

"It can be unhealthy but also healthy at the same time." Iruka explained, but his explanation was not much help. Sakura opened her mouth wide, reading to speak again but Ino stopped her with her question.

"And," Ino asked. "Is there a theme or something?"

The teacher shook his head, implying a no. Ino sulked. This was going to be a harder task.

Cooking...with Sasuke. Naruto was not sure if he liked the sound of that. Besides, the raven was probably rich as hell so he probably didn't cook. This task was going to be troublesome. Quoting Shikamaru there.

~•~•~•~

Sakura and Ino had talked about how lucky Naruto was to be partnered with Sasuke. But seriously, he had wanted to be partnered with Kiba since Kiba was quite a good cook but knew he couldn't since Kiba was one of the guys who didn't get to pick a paper like him. He sighed. Plus, Kiba was a hilarious guy compared to a I-don't-think-I-care Sasuke. It would have made Naruto's time less boring if he was to be partnered with someone like Kiba.

He was ready to go home, but before he did, he gave Sasuke a quick glance but the boy caught him looking. He smirked. "I have to say that I'm worried about you being my partner."

"What did you say, teme?! I'm the one who should be worried here! Do you even know how to hold a pan?" Naruto shrieked.

"Ah, so it seems you do cook, dobe. And for your information, I learned to cook since 7. An Uchiha, remember?"

He tilted his head. "Uchihas' cook?" he asked.

Sasuke looked a bit taken aback. "You didn't know that the Uchiha company owns a famous restaurant? Food is very important in the Uchiha industry."

"O-Of course I knew that!" Naruto said, his cheeks turning red. "Hmph! Anyway, I say we do ramen. End of discussion."

"Ramen? Seriously?"

"What's wrong with ramen? It's the best food in the world."

Sasuke smirked. "Ramen is nice, sure. But you probably haven't tasted the food I make, usuratonkashi."

"The hell did you just call me?!"

"With that brain of yours, I guess you'll never figure out." The smirk grew wider.

Naruto was ready to say another comeback but instead he took a deep breath and sighed as if he was exhausted. Maybe he was. "Nothing beats ramen, teme. Nothing."

The raven smirked dropped and was there again within a minute. "You're wrong about that. Let's go."

"'Let's go?' Go where?"

"To the Uchiha's Restaurant." Sasuke replied as he casually folded his hands to the back and walked away. Naruto bit his lower lip and smiled.

(A/N: bruh i love tumblr lol btw here's an update if you're actually reading this, thnx!)