eleven

Rosalina

The next day at school I made sure I had the microphone on underneath my shirt. I was going to make sure Jessica got what she deserved.

I walked into the school building and immediately saw Jessica sucking off Grayson's face. Figures.

I had to wait for Jessica to be by herself to confront her. But by the time they were done with their make out session, the bell rang. Damn.

School was about halfway over with when I saw Jessica walk up to me.

"Wow, I didn't expect you to show up after yesterday," she giggled, along with her little sidekicks.

"And why would I not want to be here just because of you, Jessica?" I replied oh so innocently.

"You know why, you think I'm gonna steal your man. Well think again, loser. The only reason I am keeping him is because I will seem like such a nice person for it. 'Jessica Takes the Poor Nerdy Boy Under Her Wing.' I can see it in the school newspapers, can't you?" She snickered evilly. I tried not to grin, not because she was making fun of Grayson, but because the fact that she just admitted she didn't like him without even knowing the microphone was on and I was recording everything.

"Let's go girls," She giggled while walking away. I had to find Grayson.

I found Grayson walking in the hallway, and the bell rang which made him almost turn into his classroom. Almost.

I grabbed him by the bookbag and pushed him into an empty classroom before shut the door.

"Hey, what was that for?! I have to get to my class, Rose, I don't have time for it," He said angrily. I could tell he was still mad.

"Wait, Grayson. I think you're gonna want to hear this," I said quietly. I was afraid of how he was going to react to this, but I knew this was for the best.

"What are you tal-" He couldn't finish his sentence when we heard Jessica's voice throughout the empty room.

I watched his face sadly as it contorted into different emotions. The recording went off and he was quiet for a moment, thinking.

"No, no she wouldn't do anything l-like that," He started to shake his head.

"She cared about me," He was denying all of it. It broke my heart seeing him this way.

He was breathing louder now, and I could see his full, bottom lip start to tremble. His eyes glossed over and before I knew it, his hands were in his face and small sobs racked his body.

I moved his hands away to see his face red and tears streaming down his cheeks. Before I knew what was happening, I was hugging him. I was hugging him hard. It was me trying to assure him that it was going to be okay, and I felt him wrap his arms around my waist while crying into my neck.

I wanted to cry myself while seeing him this way. I pulled him away from me, and I wiped his tears away.

"I know that isn't what you wanted to hear, but I thought you deserved to know," I told him, honestly.

He wrapped himself around me again before I heard him tell me, "I'm sorry I didn't listen to you before, Rose. I should've know better. Someone like her wouldn't want to be with someone like me."

"Don't say that, Grayson. I don't care if you think you aren't good for anybody else because I know that you are. You are good enough for anybody, and you have to believe that. I promise you that she's gonna get what she deserves, I'll make sure of that."

"How? How are you going to make her feel bad for doing what she did?" He said his voice still shaking a bit from crying.

"I'm gonna make her realize she left someone who can be better than anyone she has ever been with before."

an//

... update?