six

A/N:
Guy: I like you
Me: *looks around* me?
______________________

When we got into the apartment, I took Luke into the bathroom and tried my best to avoid Becca.
But anyone that knows Becca, knows that isn't possible.

Just as we entered the bathroom, she walked around the corner and gave me a questioning look.

"Luke, you can go in the bathroom in wait. I'll be right back." I said and walked with Becca, down the hall and into my bedroom.
She closed the door and immediately bombarded me with questions.
But the first question she asked, wasn't the one that I was expecting.
"Where have you been? I thought we were supposed to go to your mother's for dinner?" She asked and I slapped my hand over my face.
"I completely forgot."
"Okay, well, next question. Who is that extremely hot guy that you jut brought into our bathroom and why is he covered in blood?"

I told Becca the story of what happened on my way home and by the end, she was holding onto he edge of her seat.
"He is your hero! This is, like, destiny or something!"
She yelled, shaking my shoulders.
"He's your Prince Charming, the peanut to your butter, the ying to your yang, the-"
"Becca!" I cut her off and she said, "Yes?"
"He's a player. Like, a big one."
Her face dropped and she muttered an "Oh."
I nodded and left the room, walking back to the bathroom.

Luke was sitting on the counter with his shirt off and his jeans low on his hips.

Right when I saw him, I started choking on air.
I relentlessly coughed and he ran over and patted my back.
"Are you okay?" He asked, his beautiful blue eyes pouring into mine.
I was at a loss for words so I just have him a thumbs up.
He chuckled at my way of responding and walked back into the bathroom.

When I got over my coughing fit, I followed him and he turned around to face me.
I looked at his perfectly toned chest and bulging muscles and almost fainted.
He was fit. Very fit.
He smirked at me and said, "Problem?"
I just shook my head and opened the closet, pulling out a clean towel.
He kept the victorious smirk on his face as I wet the edge of the towel with warm water and cleaned the blood off of his arms.

Cleaning the blood off of him was harder than you think.
As I wiped, it only smeared, due to the large amount of blood that covered him.
"You lost this much blood? Do you feel okay?" I asked with concern in my eyes.
If I lost this much blood I would've at least passed out.

"Not my blood." He said, nonchalantly.
My eyes went wide in realization and I asked, "Well, is he okay?"

He laughed, a deep chuckle and said, "He tried to kill you and your asking if he's okay?"
I just shrugged and continued wiping the blood off of him.

"He's dead, by the way." He said after a few minutes.
I stopped what I was doing and looked up at him, shock evident on my face.
"Y-you? He's dead?" I asked in complete terror.

Luke pinching his eyebrows together with his index finger and thumb.
"Claire, don't." He said, pausing to think of a way to phrase it. "Don't be afraid of me. I did it for you. Please, don't be afraid." He said with a sad look on his face.

"Luke, I don't even know you. I don't know anything about you." I said, backing away a bit.

He gently grabbed my wrist and pulled me forward, closer to him.
"Then learn. Let's hang out or something. Get to know me." He pleaded. "Just don't be afraid."
"I'm not afraid." I said boldly, even thought I was, just a little.
A bright smile covered his face and he said, "Great."

I smiled back at him and began cleaning the blood again, making sure to get every last bit.

"You know, I still think a bath would be much easier." He said with a smirk.
"Keep dreaming." I muttered, staying focused on getting all of the blood off of him.

When I finally cleaned all the blood off of him, the towel was drenched in it.

I threw the towel in the garbage, knowing that I wouldn't be able to use it again.
Mostly because it would remind me of the blood of the man from the alley but also because the blood would probably stain it.
He still had a bit of blood on his face but he also had cuts, so I got a clean wash cloth to use for that.

I wet the cloth and gently dabbed his cheek, where there was a deep cut.

He winced but kept still, trying to look manly.
"I know it hurts, don't try hide it." I laughed, poking his cheek.

"It doesn't hurt." He lied.
"It doesn't hurt." I mocked in a fake Australian accent.
He just glared at me, but I could see that he was struggling to hold back a smile.

"So, how did that guy know your name?" I asked while cleaning the blood from his forehead.
He tensed at my words and I knew that there was something he wasn't telling me.
He kept quiet and I eventually cleared my throat. "Well, are you going to answer me?"
He simple shook his head and looked to the ground.

"Seriously? He tried to kill me and you won't even tell me who he is?" I scoffed at his inconsiderate attitude.

"It's complicated. I really can't tell you." He said, pleading with me to not ask anymore questions.

I sighed and gave in.
I shut my mouth for the rest of the time that I cleaned his face.

When I finally finished, he thanked me and hopped off of the counter.
There was a bit of awkward tension in the air, with neither of us saying a word.

"Look." Luke said, turning to face me. "Your so beautiful and sweet. And I really like you, so don't worry yourself about this. The man that tried to hurt you is gone now and if anyone else tries to hurt you, I'll be there." He finished up his little speech, with guilt in his eyes.
He quickly kissed my cheek and walked out of the bathroom, through the apartment, and out the front door.