twenty four

______________________

When I got up for work he next day, I was exhausted.

Luke and I had stayed up for a while, watching movies and stealing kisses.

We finally fell asleep around 2:00 am, hence why I'm so tired.
"Can't you just stay and cuddle me?" Luke whined as I gathered up my things to go back to my apartment and change for work.
"Luke, I can't miss work." I chuckled at his cuteness.
"Call in sick." He persisted.
"I can't, Luke." I said, leaning down to kiss him before I left.
But Luke had other plans.
Just as our lips met, he grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the mattress, quickly getting on top of me.
"Please, baby." he murmured, "Stay here with me."
He gazed his lips along my neck before pressing a kiss to it.
"Luke, I really need to-" I began but he cut me off by capturing my lips with his.
I responded immediately, forgetting all about the sentence I had failed to finish.
"Please. Stay. Here. Baby." He said between kisses.
"Yeah, okay, fine." I said breathily, letting out a shaky breath.
I grabbed my phone, quickly calling them.
Penny immediately picked up the phone.
"This is Starbucks, I'm Penny. How may I help you?" She chirped through the phone.
She's quite chipper this morning.
"Hey, Penny, it's Claire. I'm pretty sick, is it alright if I just stay home today?" I asked, trying to sound as sick as possible.
"Aw, your sick? Dang, I was excited to see you. But, yeah that's fine. I hope you feel better." She sighed into the phone.
"I'm sorry." I said, feeling slightly bad for lying to Penny. After all, she had always been a good friend to me.
"No, no, you don't have to feel sorry. Your sick, it's understandable. See you tomorrow, a costumer just walked in." She rushed, hanging up after I had said goodbye.
"So?" Luke asked, wiggling his eyebrows.
I chuckled at his antics, "Kiss me, you dork."
And he did.

Luke and I just laid in bed all day and enjoyed each other's company.
"Claire?" Luke asked out of the blue.
"Yeah?" I said, cutting my eyes up to look at him.
"We should go on a date." He said, his gaze on the ceiling non wavering.
I shot up and looked at him in bewilderment.
"What?" He chuckled, turning slightly to look at me.
"That was random." I laughed awkwardly.
"Yeah, I suppose it was." He chuckled, but then said, "Do you not want to?"
"No, that's not it! Of course I do, it just caught me off guard. That's all." I reassured him, shooting him a smile.
"So, will you?"
"Will I what?" I smirked.
I knew what he meant. And he knew that I knew what he meant. I just wanted to hear him say it.
"Will you go on a date with me?" He chuckled, kissing my cheek.
"Yes, yes I will." I smiled, kissing his cheek in return.

The rest of the day consisted of Luke cooking me lunch and then later in the day, Luke spilling flour on me as he tried to bake cookies.
"Your an awful cook." I muttered under my breath.
"What did you just say?" He asked, turning to face me with a raised brow.
"Oh, nothing." I smiled sweetly at him.
But he wasn't buying it.
"Oh yes, you said something." He smirked, holding up his flour covered hands.
He began to pick up some more flour to throw at me when I yelled, "No, please! I'm already covered in it!"
"You aren't covered enough." He chuckled, throwing it on me anyway.
I screeched before running towards fridge.

I reached for an egg and put it behind my back as I turned around.
"What ya got there?" He asked, nervously.
"Oh, nothing." I smirked deviously at him.
He started backing up a few steps as I took a few towards him.
Suddenly, I pulled my hand out from behind my back and pelted the egg right at Luke.
It hit his chest and exploded, the remnants of the egg sliding down his shirt and dripping to the floor.
His eyes flickered from the egg on his shirt and me before he finally locked his eyes with mine.
"Run." He growled, so lowly that I almost didn't hear him.
But I did.
I took off in a sprint towards the bedroom, focused on getting in there and locking myself in.
"Come here, you little nuisance." Luke chuckled as I approached his bedroom.
"Never." I giggled, running in and locking the door.
I heard Luke's footsteps cease at the door, followed my obsessive pounding.
"Claire, let me in!" Luke yelled through the door.
"No! I don't think I will." I yelled back, trying my best to stifle my giggles.
"Fine." Luke huffed, then I heard his footsteps retreating from the door.
I stayed in his room for about 5 minutes before my bladder started bothering me.
I really needed to use the bathroom.
I slowly twisted the door nob, planning on sneaking out to go to the bathroom.
I slowly opened the door and peaked my head out to make sure the coast was clear.
Once I figured out that it was, I tiptoed across the hall to Luke's bathroom.
Once I was safely inside, I quickly closed the door and locked it behind me.
I did my business and freshened up a bit, then walked back outside towards Luke's room.
But, just as I was a few steps away from Luke's room, so close to being safe, Luke popped out and grabbed me from behind.
I squealed as he threw me over his shoulder and ran towards the living room.
"Luke, put me down!" I ordered him as I felt all the blood rushing to my head.
"As you wish." He chuckled and threw me down on the couch.