twenty seven

Dylan O'Brien is my life. <3

________________________________________________________________________________________

I wake up in my bed, oddly. I have no memory of even coming back to my house.

"You okay?" Luke asks as he enters my room and notices I'm awake.

"Uh, yeah. What happened?" I laughed, making Luke laugh along with me.
"You sort of passed out in the parking lot, on the way to the car." He laughed, sitting down next to me.

"Long time no see, Claire." I heard someone say from the doorway.
I looked up to see Becca, standing with a smirk on her lips.
"Becca!" I screeched, jumping up from the bed.
I wobbled a little as I stood up, but Luke caught me just in time.
"Woah." I muttered.
Luke chuckled and helped me get me balance.
"You hit the ground pretty hard when you fell. You might have a concussion or something, so we should probably take you to get it checked out." Luke said and kissed your forehead to make you feel a little better since he knows you hate going to the hospital.

"I can take her." Becca said from the doorway, "I mean, I haven't seen you in so long. I miss you."
"That's actually a great idea because I was going to go and get us some take out to eat tonight." Luke said.

"Ooh, can we get tacos?" I asked with hopeful eyes.
"Anything for you." Luke smirked.
"Barf." Becca laughed, making a gagging sound.
Luke and I both laughed at Becca, until I made them get out so I could take a shower and get dressed.
Luke called the hospital and set up an appointment for me to come and get an X-ray and then left to go and get our food.

When Becca and I had both finished getting ready, it was about time to go.
"So.." Becca started as we left the apartment and began walking down the hallway, "you and Luke? Are you guys like a thing?"
She wiggled her eyebrows up and down, making me slap her arm and giggle a bit.
"Honestly?"
"No, lie to me." She said, sarcasm dripping from her tone.
I laughed a bit awkwardly before saying, "I really have no idea. We haven't really put on anything yet."
"So, you guys haven't even talked about it?" She asked as we stepped into the elevator.
"Well, no. He said he wanted to go on a date, like an official one. But, it hasn't happened. We just haven't had time, ya know? With everything that's going on..."

"I totally get it." She said, giving me a reassuring smile, "It will happen in time. If you want it to, do you like him a lot?"
"Yeah, yeah I do." I smiled, thinking back on the amazing moments I've had with Luke.
"But, are you alright? I know that finding out your boyfriend is really your best friend's long lost evil brother can take a toll on someone. How are you holding up?"

"I miss the guy he was at times. But, then I remember that he kidnapped you and whipped Luke when he tried to save you and I go back to hating him. I'm honestly a lot better than I we at first, I just have to picture him as the dick he is and not the nice guy he tried to portray himself as." She said and she really held up a lot better than she did when I first told her.

The day that I told her, she cried so much. I ended up buying some ice cream and sappy movies, so we ate ice cream whilst watching romance movies and I held her while she cried.
She officially broke up with him be next day and to be perfectly blunt and to be point, he didn't care.

She was heartbroken, but apparently she's over that now.
She honestly does look a lot better than she first did. She looks so much happier. It warms my heart to see my best friend feeling so much better. Curse my stupid dick of a brother for ever making her feel bad.

When we pulled into the hospital, I quickly unbuckled my seat belt and stepped out of the car. I just wanted to get this over with and go eat tacos.
"Woah there, Speedy Gonzales." Becca laughed as she ran to catch up to me at the hospital doors.
"Sorry," I laughed, "I just really want to get this over with."
She laughed along with me and said, "I totally understand that. Hospitals give me the chills."

We walked up to the front desk and after telling them my name, I was directed back to a room with a male doctor.
Becca stayed back in the waiting room due to the fact that only family was allowed back with you.
"So, how exactly did this happen?" The doctor asked me as we stepped into the room and he closed the door.
"I just uh- fell." I said, rather quietly.
He chuckled at my response and smiled sweetly at me.
He looked pretty young, probably just a bit older than me. He was also fairly attractive and it seems like he knows it too.

After he checked me out and informed me that I was fine, he tried to start up a conversation.
"So, are you seeing anyone?"
"Um, isn't that a l-little personal?" I stuttered.
I didn't stutter because my extremely attractive Doctor just asked me about my dating life, even though I usually would stutter over that.
I stuttered because he was slowly walking towards me and at how close his hands were to my hips.
"Actually, I have a boyfriend. Well, he isn't exactly my boyfriend. I don't really know what he is, it's complicated. I have a guy, basically." I rambled on.
"Oh, but it isn't anything official though, yeah?"
"Well, we haven't put a label on anything but we're pretty serious." I assured him, but he continuing taking small, agile steps towards me.
He kept moving closer to me until his lips ghosted over my ear and I froze.
"But, nothing is official. So you can't exactly cheat." He whispered.
Right as he said that I jumped away from him. "Well doctor, thanks for the check up. Nice talking to you!" I quickly said and ran out the door, leaving him standing there with wide eyes.