Going to War

Demons. We like to cause trouble. We like chaos, and recklessness. We are born from the depths of hell. We want all angels dead and for heaven to fall. Except for me. I do not like causing trouble, chaos or recklessness. In life I liked those things, but now as a demon those things are more serious. We linger inside of human minds, giving them depression, anger, anxiety, murderous, and suicidal thoughts. We play mind games and send them nightmares. Other demons get pleasure from this, but not me.

This is my story. Not my human story. My demon one. This is my story about how I almost lost myself, and became like the other demons. My story about how I found love. My story about how I felt like a human again. This is sadly a very tragic story. You can decide for yourself if the ending is happy or not.

"Will are you ready?" Octavian asked as he entered my room. "Yes," I said and walked out with him. We stood at the gates of hell. That was the day that we left hell and went to war with the angels. We always fight at night while humans are sleeping.

I do not know how long I have been a demon. I died when I was sixteen, but I do not know how long ago that was. Time is different in hell. I have known Octavian for awhile. He was born a demon. We worked together getting teenagers to kill themselves, or others. We also sent little kids nightmares. This brought Octavian joy and happiness. He enjoys doing this. If demons could love, he would love it. I do not get any pleasure from these things. Demons do these things to get human souls, in hopes that one day they would become demons too. I did not know this when I was alive. I wish that I would have known.

The gates opened, and for the first time in a long time, I felt cold. In hell it is burning hot all the time, because of all the fire. We spread our wings and took off flying. Everything is dark unlike in hell, the fire makes everything bright red. Other angels and demons were soaring around us. Some flying, others falling.

The battle field is a large bundle of clouds in the sky and other smaller ones. I think that demons really do not want what they think they want. I do not think that they really care about destroying heaven. I think that they just like fighting with angels.

We landed on the cloud. We started battling angels. This went on for hours. We fought until the sun started to rise. The humans would be awake, and they are forbidden to see us. Us demons flew back down to hell. We abandoned the fallen demons. The sunlight will vaporize them if it touches them. The sun is pure, demons are not.

Octavian and I went back to hell.  He was wild and crazed from the fight. Luke, another demon who was even worse than Octavian, even though he was once human. Luke and Octavian left, to go cause havoc. They offered me to come with them, but I refused. I went flying around hell until I spotted something white. Nothing was white in hell.

I flew over and landed beside it. It was an angel. An angel had fallen all the way to hell.