Realization

"Nico," even as I said it, I could hear the sadness in my voice. "What's wrong?"

Tears filled his eyes and streamed down his cheeks. "This place... No wonder humans don't want to go here," he sobbed. "It hurts and all those souls in pain. Hearing their cries-"

"Shh," I said softly. "Nico I will get you out of here." He started at me with dark brown eyes and I realized those eyes were crying for the first time.

"This place," he continued. "It's making me have feelings. Angels are programmed warriors. We are born without feelings. I never felt them, until-"

He stopped and started shaking. I knew what he meant, since the battle, which seemed like a life time ago and maybe it was. Time is hard to tell in hell. The thought that hell was making him feel things was strange for me. Hell was turning me into a demon, who couldn't feel and only cared about madness. Hell was making him feel frightened and sad because of the demons and the tortured souls.

"I feel sadness, frightened, and... Some other feeling... Something human... " he wiped away tears and looked up at me. He closed his eyes and leaned in. At first his lips only brushed against mine, then it was a soft, gentle, and passionate kiss.