Misunderstanding

I thought I knew hurt. I thought I felt pain. It was nothing like the look on Nico's face. My chest felt like it was closing in. My throat closed and I couldn't speak. My whole body started shaking. I realized that I might actually cry.

"Nico-" I started to say with my voice cracking, but Nico cut me off.

"You lied to me. Betrayed me. The- what- last night," tears were flooding his face and he took a sharp shaky breath. "I hate you and last night. Worst mistake, ever. I-"

"Nico," suddenly my anger kicked in, but the pain hurt worse than hell. Hearing his words, killed me inside. "I swear by the devil that I did not take your Grace!"

"I didn't think that you could lie by your own fallen angel," Nico cried.

"I can't! You know," I said getting so mad that my wings took ablaze. "That I can't!"

Nico looked stunned and a bit scared. Then his face turn hard and cold. "Lies!" He yelled and ran toward me, heading for entrance of the cave. I grabbed him by the shoulders. He stared into my eyes and kissed me passionately. He wrapped his arms around me and I tangled my hands in his hair.

All my thoughts vanished at the surprise. Then I felt something... Change... It was... Different from last night...

I was about to pull away when I felt a sharp blade pierce my spine. I fell to the ground as he pulled out the blade.

Octavian stood over me, smiling evilly. "Did you really think that I wouldn't find you?" He laughed. "I followed you and watched you. I saw what you and the angel did last night. So lost Grace? He's weak which makes him easier to kill."

"You were pretending to be him?" I managed to say. "Duh," he rolled his eyes. "Being killed by the one you love, ah that is the best kind of way to die. Don't you think?"

I realized then that I loved him. And I might never get to tell him. I felt hopeless and pathetic.

"Now tell me where is Nico?" Octavian sneered. I was being selfish and I hated myself for it. My first thought was I not Nico. My chest hurt and I felt a rotten taste in my mouth, hearing him say Nico's name.

Nico had ran away. He was hell's most wanted, not me. Fear and relief washed over me. He was alone by himself in hell. But the demons didn't know where he was. I didn't know where he was. Or if I would live long enough to see him again.